14 February 2016

Birds go Crazy for Love

Happy Valentine's day all, Pete & myself take a low key approach to V-day but any excuse to make a card & share chocolate is always a good day.



 I have to say those crazy birds from Tim Holtz are perfect for sharing a wee bit of love with. My card's final dimensions are 4" x 7" (so I used a piece of Smoky Slate 8" x 7" & folded at 4"). The DSP is 1/4" smaller on all sides.

I followed California Girl Richele Christensen colouring techniques as I think her Bird Crazy birds are the best on the internet.

So I stamped my wee bird on watercolour paper & then die cut her out. "She" was wetted with water, then coloured in with distress ink smeared on my craft mat & watercolour paint brushes.

 I covered the bird all over with Tattered Rose, then used Aged Mahogany to colour the lower body & her wing.

At the top I used Scattered Straw & Wild Honey.

I also used Vintage Photo to add a bit of shadowing & to colour around the edges of the cut-out.

The eyes were coloured in with Tumbled Glass, the wee beak & feet were Fossilized Amber.

I then spritzed the top with Wild Honey & the base of the bird with Aged Mahogany.

I popped up the wing & the eyes on dimesionsals & added Crystal Effects to the eyes to make all glossy.

The heart I stamped in Hero Arts Soft Granite (as it's a waterproof ink), then coloured all over with Tattered Rose again, the bow was a combo of Worn Lipstick & Aged Mahogany. When the heart was dry I covered all over with my clear Wink of Stella pen to give it a wee bit of sparkle.


Recipe:
Stamp sets: Bird Crazy & Crazy Things (Stampers Anonymous), Good Greetings (Stampin' Up!)
Ranger Inks: Archival Jet Black, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, Aged Mahogany, Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber
Other inks: Soft Granite (Hero Arts), Smoky Slate (SU!)
Paper: Watercolour (Ranger), retired DSP from SU!, Soft Sky (SU!), Smoky Slate (SU!)
Others: Dimensionals, Crystal Effects, Spritzer, clear embossing powder, clear Wink of Stella pen, round 2 & round 4 brushes, Bird Crazy matching framelits, sponge, craft mat.

Well we're off to see Deadpool at the movies which should be a nice end to V-day.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen