11 July 2016

Quick & easy colouring



Hi everyone I've been really inspired by Kathy at TheDailyMarker.com who is running what looks like a regular 30-day colouring challenge. I don't think she'll get me to colour for 30 days but maybe twice a week maybe doable. She has some fantastic ideas & helpful tips & I'm enjoying seeing a daily inspiration from her in my mailbox.

For my birthday (way back in March) I bought myself a set of Zig Real Colour Brush markers as at that time I was resisting going down the Copic pathway (as their price was scaring me). Do not ask me why but I never actually opened my box & played with them. I'll blame Distress Ink pads for that, as I love watercolouring with them.

Anyhow I thought it would be fun to have a go watercolouring the large flower and the leaves on my stamp in this month's Simon Says Stamp kit. I bought the kit for the hand written messages on the stamp set which are adorable (thanks Kristina for having such pretty hand writing), well the kit has sold out but the stamp set is still available. Well I'm really pleased I opened the box as I ADORE my ZIG Real Colour Brushes, they are so easy to blend with themselves or with a water brush. I'm sure blending with a clear Wink of Stella would also be very pretty.

Kiwis I asked Fiona at Create to order the markers for me (they cost me $140 for the 36 colour set, if I realised how much I would love them, I probably would have got the 48 colour set but there are quite a few possibilities for blending even with 36 colours, it's my understanding each brush marker can also be purchased individually). At just under $4 a marker I think these are fabulous value. The brush tip is a true brush and you can do thin lines to a broad line very easily - see the side of the box & my wee swatch too.




Recipe:
Stamp set: Handwritten Floral Greetings (SSS)
Ink:  Black Archival (Ranger), Soft Sky (SU!) used for the background wash, Steel Blue (SSS), ZIG Real Colour Brushes.  I played around with a few colour combos as I went along but my flowers were Bright Yellow & Orange markers & my leaves got a real good blend of  Blue Gray, Mid Green & Olive Green.
Paper: Watercolour, Gumball Green (SU!), Confetti Cream (SU!)
Other: Watercolour brushWoodland mix sequins - bought at SENZ last week from Three Little Whimzee


✿ Karen ✿

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went into one of your favourite shops I'm ellerslie today I love Tim Holtz products if not using su

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Karen, I have been waiting for a sample using the Zig Markers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen