16 January 2017

Last Christmas Elf


LOL that title sounds a bit like the last bugle post call but nothing so complicated. This is the  card I created for my Pete for Christmas and I used the 3rd elf in the MFT Santa's Elves set. I had always wanted to use one of the sentiments that come in the set for his card & had all the elements coloured up & hidden somewhere in my craft room, knowing he'd never find it. As it turned out I ended up making the card on Christmas Eve when I had a few minutes to spare & I wasn't at all happy with my stenciled star background, as the stars were bigger than I wanted but I didn't have more time to do it again.

The colours I coloured in this wee elf are really the same colour combos I used in my original Christmas elf post. The hat is the dark blue colour combo.

I've used my white Signo gel pen to make the jacket spotted. And the fab stitched dotted circle is an old MFT one that is now retired but I found one for sale on e-bay & snaffled it up awhile ago. I really like it as it makes a nice change from the usual stitched look that is very prevalent. I made the banner myself using my square punch again, one day I will buy myself some banner dies (or not).

The base card stock is Pacific Point from Stampin' Up!


Recipe:
Stamp: BB Santa's Elves (MFT)
Ink: Memento Black, various Copics, Tumbled Glass distress ink
Paper: XpressIt blending card, Pacific Point(SU!)
Other: Stitchable Dot Circle STAX (MFT), Wink of Stella glitter pen, Signo white gel pens, Lots of Stars stencil (Create A Smile), Clarity stencil brush, dimensionals

I'll blog the fab homemade cards I received in the next day or 2. I'm going to try & make a few Christmas cards every month this year to ease the pressure at the silly season & also use some of those other stamp sets that I bought to make Christmas cards last year & didn't use. This certainly will not be the "last post" for the Santa's Elves from MFT as they are so adorable.

Thanks for popping by.
✿ Karen ✿

1 comment:

  1. That little elf is so cute, and your colouring is sublime. Totally gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen