27 April 2017

Copics 301 : Continuing to learn with online colouring classes

Hi everyone I must admit I haven't been making too many cards lately apart from my DT work with the Southern Girls. Though my card stash to go is a little low so I'll have to get creating again soon & restock up.

Lately I have still been enjoying learning to Copic colour & I think I have my "happy place" with the online monthly classes that Alyce from Kit & Clowder releases on the 15th of each month. The monthly class is $20AUD (Australian $) & comes with a step by step booklet you can print out plus a video of Alyce colouring the same image in which is ~2 hours long.

Last month's class came with the image below plus 5 others birds, yes 5 more so truly was phenomenal value. Most classes we still need to buy the digital image from the person/company which is normally 1/2 price so a few $ more. Either way it is truly phenomenal value. For myself the Aussie dollar is just a few dollars more when I convert to NZD but for the majority of the world it's probably half to a third less.

Alyce is the best teacher I have found with my online classes (I have done 2 others) so a limited sample but if you read my Copic 201 you can see who the others were. I have enjoyed all my classes & learnt HEAPS & I would/will continue to do classes with all of them if they have something I want to do/learn.

Anyhow as this is "My INKredible Journey" here's my very first online monthly class I did with Kit & Clowder which was the March class for markers (yes she has classes for you coloured pencil queens too which are similar but different).


I still can not believe I coloured that all up, it is 5" x 7" so we can frame up or make a very big card. I learnt so much about colouring leaves & flowers let alone making feathers for my bird.

I finished this with about 10 days to go to till the next class release and I couldn't wait that long so I actually bought another online class from the Kit & Clowder website which cost me $10AUD, which used an image from Ppinky Dolls called "Working with Animals" which I believe was created for Alyce's class.


Isn't this just adorable! I can not believe my colouring for the hair (or the cat's fur) I finally can do wee strokes not blends for hair. Even though I am still working my way through the original Hair & Skin class I signed up for with Kit & Clowder I know what I have already done has helped me heaps. The official skin & hair class has a 99-pages handout plus an awful lot of images to colour up. So knowing the basics plus I was able to follow along with the instructions, video for this class much more easily.

Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be back with April's class image which I will start on this weekend, we have a delightful wee girl this month to colour up. So I know I'm going to learn about colouring folds in clothing I can see which makes me happy.

Anyhow if you haven't checked out the Kit & Clowder website you should as well as the monthly classes, Alyce has a FREE 101 class which is phenomenal to do, plus a lot of classes like skin & hair, working with animals, colouring clothing, colouring flowers etc. If you do decide to join up to a class can you mention my name (Karen Rogers) in the sign up process, I'd really appreciate that.

Also we have a Facebook group where all sorts of craziness goes on apart from fab inspirational colouring, there are free digital stamps, colouring comps, bingo, chat about books & TV shows plus it really is a very happy supportive place.

And in case you missed them my Copics 101 post HERE and Copics 201 HERE

✿ Karen ✿

3 comments:

  1. Wow and wow again...such amazing colouring Karen, especially love the feathers on the bird and that beautiful hair on the Ppinky!- Brilliant!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kit and Clowder to. I have learnt so much from Alyce. Your colouring is brilliant on both images. Thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave me xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Kit and Clowder to. I have learnt so much from Alyce. Your colouring is brilliant on both images. Thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave me xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen