25 May 2017

Just adorable



Just sharing a card I shared/taught to some gal pals last weekend as I was kind of shocked to find out so many of them have bought MISTIs & didn't know how to use them.  I think it's a really invaluable tool & my number one must have in my craft room.

Well the get together with 2 others became 5 others in the end so I had to think of something we could do simply & easily so I turned to my Adorable Elephant set from My Favorite Things & my trusty ZIG real colour brush markers which make colouring wee images like this so easy.

We also got to play with Cracked Pistachio & Broken China distress oxide ink for the background using MFTs new cloud stencil. Its all pretty self explanatory but so cute. We used aquapainters or clear Wink of Stella for our colouring or another brush marker. The sponged background & the wee images were all coloured on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper.

Recipe:
Stamp set: Adorable Elephants (My Favorite Things)
Ink: Memento Blcak, Cracked Pistaschio DO, Broken China DO, Aig real color brush markers
Paper: Whisper White thick (base card), Bristol Smooth (Strathmore)
Dies: Adorable elephants (MFT), Stitched rectangle (SSS)
Other: Cloud stencil (MFT), aquapainter, clear Wink of Stella, MISTI, dimensionals

I see Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge is "Little critters" so I'll enter my wee elephant card in the challenge too.

Thanks for popping by.
✿ Karen ✿

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card! What a sweet scene. Love the cute animals and the soft cloudy background. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, sweet image, beautiful clean design, love the inky background the clouds look fabulous.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Cute Karen!!! Thanks for having my blog on your sidebar, getting some traffic, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen