18 May 2017

It's Time to SPARKLE


It's challenge day at Southern Girls Challenge & we have a fab & fabulous fun challenge this week to add some sparkle to our projects . For those of us living in NZ this is  a great idea as winter gloom is setting in but personally I always like a bit of sparkle on my projects all year!

I used an adorable digi-stamp by one of our sponsors Polkadoodles called Horace & Boo Party Friends which I just adore!!! If you wanted to buy your own digi-stamp - wait for it it's only a couple of pounds to buy & download is instant (click HERE if you do), but if you're like me & you can't decide which Horace & Boo you want to colour, you can look in their shop & buy the whole collection i.e. the Big Kahuna for a fraction more which contains more cute images to colour, digital papers, embellishments & so much more.



Now trying to photo the card to show the sparkle at this time of the year was harder than colouring it up with my Copics was but hopefully my 2 best-est snaps can show the sparkle from the glimmer paper (CTMH Green pack) & the Wink of Stella on the balloons & present ribbon. I really enjoyed colouring these 2 rascals up & can't wait to use another digi-stamp from the collection.

Copic markers I used.
Boo (the cat) : W1, W3, W5, R20
Horace (the dog) : E53, E55, E57, E59, R20, N1, N7, N9, 100
Green balloon/ribbon : YG21, YG25, YG17
Blue balloon/present : B02, B04, B06
Scarf/Cat collar : R32, R35, R46
Envelope : YR20, YR21, YR 31
I also used my colourless blender (0), Copic black multiliner 03 & a Sakura black gel pen for their eyes.

I printed my image out at 25% gray-scale with the help of  a fab resource on working with digital stamps by Some Odd Girl which is free to download, they also have some other cool tutorials on their blog. Their free e-book can be located HERE.

As always anything goes  as long as it has sparkle this week. Our fab sponsors this week are Polkadoodles & Krafters Cart so two players will be chosen by a RNG to win. So what have you got to lose!

KC
Polkadoodles




Thanks for popping in & hope you can make the time to play along with us this week.
✿ Karen ✿

3 comments:

  1. That is so fun Karen!! You nailed the 'sparkle' chick!! Love the sheen on the balloons and that gorgeous glittery green edge. A fabulous creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep it's got sparkle! Just perfect for this challenge and such a cute image too. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen