Isn't this pleated skirt just too fabulous - the card was designed by Narelle Hoggard & taught by herself & Paula Reid at our recent Creative Inkers Extravaganza. And wow were the 2 of them just amazing at the folding.
I loved this embellishment which my picture may not do justice to, which was the a la carte stamp Elizabeth which has been embossed using Irridescent Ice EP, so sparkly.
To replicate the "skirt fold" score your DSP at ¾”, 1”, 1 ¾”, 2”, 2 ¾” etc until the end. To create the pleats fold the DSP in a valley, mountain, mountain, valley, valley formation until the end. Adhere Sticky Strip to the wrong side of your pleats then trim the DSP to the width of your card base and viola!!
As it has a lot of score lines I'd highly recommend a scoring tool & Stampin' Up! new scoring tool is awesome - I don't think you'll regret the investment.
With etched grooves every 3.2 mm (1/8"), and the ability to score card stock up to 12" x 12", the Simply Scored scoring tool helps you create perfectly measured score marks. It’s great for creating multiple projects or projects with a variety of score marks!
Features of the Simply Scored Scoring Tool
- Comes with a high-quality stylus instead of a plastic bone folder.
- Stylus is ergonomically shaped and features a comfort grip.
- The high-quality metal tips on each end of the stylus—they come in two sizes—glide smoothly over your paper.
- Features a unique set of place markers that let you mark your score lines when creating multiple projects with the same score lines.Includes three place markers.
- Additional place markers can be purchased for flawless scoring.
- Includes a hidden storage compartment in the back of the base to hold your scoring tools.
- Accommodates card stock up to 12" x 12" (30.5 x 30.5 cm).
- Can order a Metric Scoring Plate for metric measurements and a diagonal plate with etched grooves every 1/8" (3.2 mm) .
Contact me if you'd like to know more & have a fun stampin' day - I think the frost may have melted outside enough for me to hang out my washing.