25 October 2012

Brayering, salt & snow


WOW this card sort of evolved from what I had originally planned but I'm really happy with it. I'm doing techniques starting with B tomorrow night so one of them is Brayering - I've seen Delys Cram one of the demos in my team create stars in the sky using rock salt but it actually is quite chunky so I thought to myself wonder what happens if you use just plain table salt & even if I say so myself it's perfect!

The steps to recreate the card:
I masked the bottom of the my smallest whisper white piece with a large post-it note (double sized one) to create the snow.

Then sprinkled table salt on the unmasked whisper white & ran it through my big shot between 2 plates on Tab 2.  Brush off the salt (lots of throwing across my shoulder just in case it really is bad luck).

I brayered first with Baja Breeze ink & then Not Quite Navy.

Sponged lightly around the mask with Baja Breeze to make the first snow drift & then stamp the tall tree from Lovely As A Tree in Not Quite Navy (the bottom of the tree is stamped on the post it note mask).

Move the mask & change the angle slightly - sponge very lightly with Baja Breeze. Stamp a few more trees.

Move the mask, again changing angle etc & sponge lightly with Baja Breeze.

Using a 2-way glue pen trace the contours of the snowdrifts. Sprinkle with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter.

I've also stamped a star from the Snow Swirled stamp set in the top RH corner with our Illuminate pad (luminescent watermark pad - again a great idea from Delys).

I've matted the first whisper white piece up on another mat (5mm bigger) to make it pop.

The message comes from More Merry Messages & has just been stamped with Not Quite Navy on the Baja Breeze base card.

Well I hope the ladies coming to card class tomorrow enjoy the card I certainly did making it.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. I love it and I think others will too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen