4 December 2015

Clocks & Time Art Journal Page



Hi everyone, time is surely zooming along fast at the moment but I still took some time out to play with this month's theme for the Create Art Journal group this week. We meet monthly & I'm sure there is room to join us next year if you are interested - contact Fiona via the Create website.

I must admit I was really excited with the theme as I had clock stamps & clock stencils so was rearing to go.

I really liked this page HERE and wanted to use the same technique of applying the spray directly to the page with a rounded brush as opposed to "spraying" and I wanted to make a bright and cheery page.

I prepared my page with white gesso before starting & then used a variety of materials which I adhered down with Multi Medium Matte (Ranger). I used scraps of muslin, white tissue paper I had stamped with clocks & a white scallop die cut. When dry I added some modelling paste though my clock stencils.

When that was all dry it was time to have fun adding the spray dye directly to the page with a rounded brush. It was interesting to see how the colours blended in places and how the intense the colour is when it reacts with the muslin. I noted also that Dylusion sprays do not like "mixing" with other dyes & that created some interesting effects/resists.

When all the colours were dry I still felt it lacked a bit of pop so added some more stenciling with a black modelling paste (which was homemade using my black licorice Gelato mixed with the modelling paste), some stamped clock images plus a few black Roman numerals.

On the whole I'm happy with my page & the only thing I was unhappy with was the "turquoise" colour - so maybe one colour too many to the mix!

Recipe:
Stamps: Clockworks, Artifacts - both Stampin' Up! - the 2nd one is long time retired.
Ink: Ranger Black Archival
Stencils: Clockwork (Tim Holtz), Mini Time Travel (TCW)
Cutting Dies: Striped Scallop Thinlits (SU!), Timeless Type Alphabet Junior Sizzlits (SU!/Sizzix) - the latter is also long time retired.
Dylusions Ink Sprays: Vibrant Turquoise, Lemon Zest, After Midnight (purple one), Funky Fuchsia
Lindys Stamp Gang spray: A Bit o' Bubbly (Starburst)
Gelato: Black Licorice
Other: White gesso, modelling paste, matte multi medium, tissue paper, muslin, white & black cardstock, no. 5 round brush


✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen