6 July 2016

Bella truly is beautiful!




Hi all & once again a long time between posts, one of the things that is stopping me from blogging is I'm put off by how fabulous the quality of the images I see on my favourite bloggers blogs. My "new" camera is great for taking outdoor photos but it really sucks at taking photos of cards etc, my smart phone is also not that smart.

But I've decided that I like blogging & am happy to share my inky journey so I'm not going to let my camera get in the way!

For a really long time I've admired the colouring of stamped images with Copic images but to be honest with 358 colours it really is very hard to know where to start with building a collection. So imagine my delight when one of my local crafting stores in Ellerslie Memory Crafts offered beginner's lessons for 4 Saturday afternoons with us slowly building our collections along the 4 lessons. I'm at week 3 now & really enjoying the process. I have to admit that after 3 lessons it was obvious to me that if I truly wanted to colour in stamped images I needed a few more markers than I had bought for my 4 introductory lessons.

I'll be honest I still didn't know where to start with building a collection, so it was Google time & the post I found the most useful was from one of my favourite bloggers Jennifer McGuire which she wrote in 2010 but I still find relevant today. I think this post by Debbie Olsen will also be really useful when I want to expand on Jen's favourite colours.

But back to my beautiful Bella, she is one of the newly released stamp sets from Stampin' Up! & was delightful to colour in, the stamp set has many Bella images so hopefully you will see an improvement in my colouring of her. I coloured her in with C00, C1, C3 & C8 - the C8 is too dark so guess I'll have to buy a C5 or C6 this Saturday plus I've added a wee hint of pink to her cheeks with R30. The balloon is YR21, YR15 & YR68. The wee parrot is BG11, BG45 & BG49. Shadows are N0.

I've tried to make the RHS be lighter as if the sun is hitting on that side & am happy I acheived that with the balloon.

Recipe:
Stamp set: Bella & Friends (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Memento Black, Soft Sky (SU!) sponged on the cloud
Paper: X-press It Blending Card
Other: Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Border dies, dimensionals, Wink of Stella clear brush to add some sparkle to the balloon.

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen