31 May 2008

Happy birthday Keegan

Pete's son Keegan turns 18 this week, I've only known him for the last 3 years of his life but do they grow fast!!

I hate doing "boy's cards" so must admit thinking help an hour or so ago. I'd used yonks ago for one of my first demo swaps the now retired Oxford designer paper & Carte Postale and made masculine cards with them. I still have some paper left & it's good to use up those scraps. So it was a starting point. I decided I was going to use the also retired stamp set Collage Alphabet as thought the free style of it would appeal to an 18-year old boy. My original idea was to spell out the word eighteen but found this lovely pocket card over at SCS so it provided my inspiration. And there maybe a wee surprise behind the inner tag that will make him a happy boy!
Stamp sets: Collage Alphabet, Artifacts, Looks Like Spring, Occasional Greetings
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Natural ivory
Ink: Brocade Blue, Close to Cocoa
Other: Hodgepodge hardware, hemp twine

I have inked the star stamp in brocade blue & then rock n' rolled the edges of the stamp in close to cocoa - cool effect.

1 comment:

  1. Best birthday wishes to you! Planned a grand success and birthday party for my brother last month. One of the highly recommended event venues was booked online at reasonable price. Thai and continental cuisines were delicious and their crockery was quite impressive. Color combos of interior were also liked by all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen