30 July 2008
Roll on summer & picnics & guess what, that's the name of a very yummy designer paper Summer Picnic which you can win by coming to my launch this coming Sunday & making any purchase.
My class schedule for August is also available on line. So get out your diaries & hope to see you all soon.
Well one of the greatest things about becoming a SU! demonstrator is the awesome people you get to meet. Pauline is a very special lovely person, she's talented & has a heart of gold, she is also incredibly funny and I am very privileged to have meet her! So anyone living in Napier looking for a SU demonstrator drop her a line. Also contact her directly for "how to make the card" she loves to share.
She's being spreading much joy lately firstly with a special card & a teddy bear to my friend Judy who's she's never meet but has read about on our team forum & her battles against the big C. Then yesterday a card turns up for my mum who had just been released from hospital after 2 1/2 weeks. Mum was stoked but I'm worried Pauline's raised the bar for the rest of us mere mortals!
Lucky me has been the recipient of her latest RAK - unfortunately it got a wee bit wet with this tropical storm we're all living through at the moment. And as it's not any ordinary card this will be cased for class by moi - thank you & a 1000 hugs for your warm wishes too - you're the best Pauline!!
27 July 2008
I adore the dress & it so reminded me of Roses In Winter (now retired) which I can't seem to get back of my sister Tracey but glad to see that someone used it - hope Krystina picks it as it was along the lines of what I wanted to create. Update: Yes it was chosen - check it out HERE.
From "my team" my dear friend Judy made a really funky card; as did Anne Marie.
I used my inspiration from a card on the demo website which uses the Petals & Paisley DP which I love & will try to re-create it this week.
Stamp set/s: Warm words, Linen Background (have stamped off once & used on the sage shadow mat)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Sage Shadow, Regal Rose, Rose Red , Rose Red Palette of Prints DP
Ink: Sage Shadow
Other: Spring Flower Bouquet Punch, Silver Brads, Dimensionals
Well I'm too late for the challenge - just wanted to join in on the fun. I hope everyone's weekend wasn't too stormy. I escaped further south but was worried about leaving the house & my cats to the storm but all survived a OK.
Happy stamping from me.
I just loved Trudi's pizza box. I thought it would make a neat wee box to give someone with some small cards or in my case one thank you card & some movie money.
Stamp set/s: Bodacious Bouquet, Short & Sweet, Occasional Greetings
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Mellow Moss, Brocade Blue
Ink: Mellow Moss, Brocade Blue, So Saffron, Regal Rose, Basic Grey
Other: Vintage brads, dazzling diamonds glitter, dimensionals, sponge, mat pack for paper piercing, round tab punch, spring flower bouquet punch
Cutting Dimensions Box:
- Cut an A4 piece of card stock to 6" x 11"
- Score at 1", 5", 6" & 10" vertically and at 1" & 5" horizontally.
- Cut all the vertical scores until they meet the horizontal scores. Fold & tape tabs.
- Brocade blue 3-7/8" square
- Mellow moss 3" square
- Very vanilla 2-7/8" square
- Mellow moss 7-1/2" x 3-3/4"
- Brocade blue 3" square
- Mellow moss 2-7/8" square
- Very vanilla 2-3/4" square
23 July 2008
As mentioned in my last post one of my to do things was getting Tracey & Amber ready for the above show.
I arranged some of my favourite cards on a display board (which I finally tracked down at Paper Plus - couldn't get a black number but the white looks pretty good with the logo on it plus the cards of course).
They both had a ball meeting so many people that were passionate about stamping but the funniest story must have been of two teenage girls running towards their table squealing Stampin' Up! yah it's here - we love SU! They bought a catalogue so think Tracey will be hearing from them! Anabel & Debbie from her team were covering Sunday if anyone visited the stand.
The make n' take pictures are pretty bad (even for me who is not the world's best photographer) & I don't think it helps they're in wee cellophane bags but they still look pretty cute.
Stamp set/s: Sweet Hellos, Short & Sweet
Ink: Pretty in Pink or Almost Amethyst, Chocolate Chip
Card stock: Pretty in Pink or Almost Amethyst, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Other: 1-3/8" circle punch, scallop circle punch, uni-ball Signo white gel pen, Anywhere Glue Stick
UPDATE: $20,000 was raised - well done all!
Catch you later!
20 July 2008
Anyhow some stampin' stuff this is my project for Extravaganza II. A 2-5-7-10 box I wanted to do my Garden Whimsy one that I love but Anne Marie wanted to use the set for her suspension card so I cased this lovely box from the very talented Amy Celona. I changed one of the stamps used to Boho Backgrounds, I created the scallop border using the slit punch as it gives a nice deep scallop & it's good to show the versatility of the SU! punches.
Stamp set/s: Boho Background, Carte Postale, Leaves a la Carte jumbo wheel
Card stock (CS): Sahara Sand & Always Artichoke
Ink: Always Artichoke (AA)
Punches: 1-1/4" circle, 1-3/8" circle, Scallop circle, slit punch (for faux-scallop edge)
Adhesive: Snail Adhesive & Sticky strip
Other: Silver brads, Mellow Moss taffeta ribbon, sponges, mini glue dots, Velcro strips
- Trim Sahara Sand card stock to 10-1/2” long
- Wheel Leaves a La Carte jumbo wheel using Always Artichoke all over one side of Sahara Sand card stock
- Score card stock vertically at 2”, 5”, 7”, 10” & horizontally at 2” & 7”
- Follow diagram above, cut on SOLID lines, fold on DOTTED lines, & cut away STRIPED areas.
- Assemble the box using a strong adhesive (Sticky strip is best for boxes or Snail adhesive)
- Sponge all the edges of box with AA ink
- Stamp the large stamp from Boho Backgrounds on a scrap of Sahara Sand CS with AA ink – punch out using the Scallop Circle punch & sponge edges with AA ink
- Punch out 1-3/8" circle of Always Artichoke cardstock
- Stamp the emblem stamp from Carte Postale on a scrap of Sahara Sand CS – punch out the middle flower with 1-1/4" circle punch
- Attach a silver brad through the 3 “circles”
- Create a faux-scallop look by using the slit punch on a piece of Always Artichoke CS (3” x 1-1/8") attach under the edge of the closure
- Glue only half of the “3 circles” to the closure
- Attach a moss taffeta bow with a glue dot
- Adhere Velcro strip for easy opening & closing
13 July 2008
Front of Card:
Stamp set/s: Artfully Asian, Canvas
Card stock: Whisper White
Inks: Basic Black, Real Red, Mellow Moss, Barely Banana
Other: Blender pen, 1-1/4" square punch, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, red gingham ribbon
Inside the card:
7 July 2008
My niece turns 13 tomorrow so thought she'd enjoy a covered notebook. I had made in class, one using Scribble This with Petals & Paisley DP.
Mikaela isn't really a pink girl so I thought I'd create her one with Fall Flowers DP. I'm not sure which one I like the best so may let her choose for herself. The saying comes from the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set.
Stamp set/s: Scribble This, Polka Dots & Paisley
Designer Paper: Petals & Paisley, Fall Flowers