19 June 2020

More sunflowers

But this time I'm having a play with the really cute Jar of Flowers which has a coordinating punch & mason jars so you can make shaker cards.

As I'm doing a DSP share with fellow demos  & I am waiting for my share of the new DSP's until next weekend when we all meet up, I had to think a bit outside the square to make a background for the "jar of flowers". 

I stamped the sunflowers on a piece of thick whisper white 12.8cm x 8.5cm and I probably should have stamped the flowers a bit higher up as in the end there was just enough room for the jar using Memento Black ink. I also stamped on a sticky notepiece too. I then fussy cut out the flowers to make a mask. Then I stamped the Buffalo Check background stamp with Pool Party ink (I had stamped off once).

  
I then removed the mask & stored it with my stamps for future use. I coloured up the flowers with my Copics.

Sunflowers Y26 & Y28
Leaves YG03, YG23 & G05
Pink was actually the SU! Rococo Rose combo but personally I found it a bit too dark but it's my only stampin' blend so I wanted to play with it! So I used a bit of colourless blender to bleach them a bit.
Stems E43


Decided I still needed something extra on the background so added some gems from Flowers for Every Season to the outside of the card & Wink of Stella over the flowers too. 


I really like the green gems they're supposed to be the new in-colour Just Jade but in real life they are really iridescent as well.


Supply List (all SU!):
Stamps: Jar of Flowers, Buffalo Check, So Sentimental (for you saying)
Ink: Memento Black, Pool Party, Soft Suede
Card: Thick Whisper White, Crushed Curry, Pool Party
Other: Jar Punch, Pool Party ribbon (3/8" sheer ribbon), Flowers for Every Season gems, Mason Jar shaker domes, dimensionals, Wink of Stella, Stitched So Sweetly die, Crushed Curry bakers twine (retired)

The flowers have predominantly been coloured with Copics as I already own the majority of the colours of them as I have been collecting them pre Stampin' blends. I have listed the colours used above.

Sharing below a cute picture that SU! have provided which looks like the mason jar with museli in it. I definitely will add more gems to my next shaker card I KReate ;) But there are a lot of possibilities what we can add to the mason jar. This is also a very cool stamp set as it has reversible stamps in it, there are 2 sizes of jar one side of the stamp, stamps the outline, the other side can be used to add "water:"

The photopolymer stamp set and matching punch is $77.25, stamp set alone is $48, punch alone $38 (always better to buy as a bundle as you save 10%), the mason jars are $13.75 for 10 & the gems are $13.75. Click HERE if you'd like to go shopping.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen