3 June 2020

Another fabulous gatefold card


Julie Bocock from my Star Stampers stampin' team shared a twist or should that be popup to the gatefold card recently.

Once again we were given some cutting dimensions & then Julie demoed how to make the card.

So these were the cutting dimensions 
Base Colour :  8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White: 5 1/4" x 1" (x2), scored at 1", 2", 4 1/4"
DSP: 5 1/4" x 1 7/8" (x2) and the pattern was to fit with a portrait card (I still cut mine wrong)
Then 2 layering squares (base colour & whisper white); base colour 2 1/2" (x2) and whisper white 2 1/4" (x2)

I hadn't clicked we were making a gatefold card, sometimes when you get it all cut up you can see what we are going to be creating. I chose to work with my new favourite DSP Forever Greenery using one of the papers that actually had a lot of ferns on it, this paper especially reminds me of our native ferns and Garden Green as my base colour.

Julie has used the American sizing for a gatefold card and we've scored 2 1/4" from each edge to make the gate. This is where the fun starts as when you open it there's two popped up squares.


I hope the image below shows how the 2 wee strips have been attached so that the squares can be glued to them. 


Supply List (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Tasteful Touches, Forever Fern
Ink: Shaded Spruce, Soft Sea Foam
Paper: Garden Green, Whisper White, Forever Fernery DSP
Dies: Layering Ovals, Layering Squares, Stitched Shapes
Other: Tombow glue

So a huge thanks Julie I love the extra pop to my gatefold card.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen