28 February 2022

Seas the Day

Well after a bumpy start to the 2022 new stampin' year, with delays with shipping etc the NZ SU! demos decided it was time to do a demo swap highlighting something new we'd bought from the new mini catalogue for January-June.

I had an idea what I wanted to do but took me quite a few different colour combos to settle on something that I liked . In the end I ended up using Coastal Cabana as my base and for the die cut piece and stamped the Gentle Waves background stamp on Pool Party with Soft Sea Foam to make my background. I had to do a bit of ink blending with Sahara Sand to make a "sandy bottom" as the Gentle Waves is a horizontal stamp and the die is a portrait aperture. I found when I stamped on white card stock with various inks the wave pattern appeared too dominating rather than being a background. 





I chose to buy Seas the Day as I don't actually have any stamps similar to it and I thought the matching dies would make good embellishments for scrapbooking pages as well.

Cutting Dimensions:
Coastal Cabana: A5 card (21 x 14.8 cm) and 10.5 x 14.8 cm for die cutting
Pool Party: 10 x 14.3 cm

I share a really cool tip in my March Newsletter how to get the perfect die cut even when you're making 14 cards for the swap. So make sure you have signed up so you can see the tip. The signup form is on the top RHS of my blog.


Supply List (all SU!):
Stamps: Seas the Day, Gentle Waves (background stamp)
Ink: Soft Sea Foam, Just Jade, Sahara Sand
Paper: Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, Mango Melody, Basic White
Dies: Sea
Other: Dimensionals, Irridescent rhinestone jewels, Stamp-a-ratus, blending brush, Tombow

I'm looking forward to seeing what the  group of ladies in my swap team created and will share with you when I receive them
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen