Debbie Airey was "IT" at our latest team get together, her timing was impeccable as she had played with Beate John's idea & came up with something that show cased 2 of the products on special this month (Crazy For Christmas & the 5/8" Certainly celery ribbon) plus it used the newly released scallop edge punch - yah no more slit punch or the corner rounder. I had an open home/mini catalogue/thank you gift session for my customers on the following day, so after seeing this threw out what I was doing for another time. I just loved Debbie's box & so did my guests - it was just perfect for a small Christmas gift. So thanks Debbie and Beate!!
Card Stock: Real Red (2 pieces 5” x 6”), and scraps of real red, certainly celery, and whisper white
Stamp set: Crazy for Christmas
Paper: ‘Dashing’ Designer Series double sided paper - 2 pieces 1” x 11”
Ribbon: Certainly celery 5/8” grosgrain ribbon – approx 10”
Punches: Scallop, 1-3/8” circle & 1-¼”, scallop edge border
Adhesives: Sticky Strip™, mini glue dots, Snail adhesive
Other: Blender pens, Stampin’ pastels, acetate (5” x 11”)
Score the red card stock on the 6” side at 1-½” and 4-½”
- Turn & score the 5” side at 1-½” and 3-½”
- Score the acetate at 2”, 5”, 7”, 10”
- Scallop edge the 2 pieces of red card stock
- Cut in on 2 of the lines both sides (same direction)
- Fold & using Sticky Strip adhere to create a lid & a base
- Attach the piece of Dashing DSP to the red “toppers”
- Fold the acetate at the score lines & attach top & bottom of acetate together with mini glue dots
- Attach the base of the acetate using glue dots to one of the red “toppers” - squeeze in the 4 sides gently & when you hit the bottom, release. Then place hand inside & push out on the edges to attach firmly.
- Using the Snail adhesive attach the certainly celery ribbon around the middle of the acetate box.
- Decorate with a certainly celery scallop circle, real red 1-3/8” circle & a 1-¼” whisper white (tree stamped inside it & coloured up with the blender pens & Stampin’ Pastels)