27 February 2010

Tea Party Mini Squash Album

This is the project Clare & myself taught 48 ladies from AAPNZ last week - we were a bit worried before we started as we had 50 kits, but only 2 of the stamp set &  ink pads & 10 glue sticks - but WOW they were good - they had 1-¼ hours to do it & completed it in 45 minutes!

Here it is opened up -  it folds together like a concertina - if you know how.


Stamp set: Priceless
Ink: So Saffron, Pretty in Pink, Almost Amethyst, Certainly Celery
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Tea Party DSP
Other: Anywhere glue stick, So Saffron ribbon

We didn't embellish it to much for simplicity due to the numbers but it still looked really sweet. The mini squash album can be made in any sized square - this was the last one I created with an 8" square & it was significantly bigger - the mini one is only 6" squares to start off with. It's perfect for adding small photos & thoughts. The general concept:
 
 Look at this cool edible flower bouquet I received as a thank you (Clare got real flowers) created by www.edibleblooms.co.nz & yes it was very edible!

 
So thank you ladies a really enjoyable aftermoon. 

So if you're got a group meeting coming up or just a small group of ladies you like to craft with do suggest getting in a friendly SU! demonstrator i.e. me to have a play session with. Please do contact me for more details.

5 comments:

  1. That was a WOW project, I love the tea party papers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havent visited in a while.. you have some great projects on here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project Karen and I love your edible bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats my type of bunch of flowers Karen

    looks so YUMMY

    Did you get any good ideas to make some of your own ediable flowers

    Michelle Cave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again - guess what - I can't get my mini album to fold up correctly. Glued it correctly and am sure I've got the mountains and valley correct. I'll have to show it to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen