13 March 2010

Butterflies & Easels

Today's the day of the annual Creative Inkers Sale-a-Bration Extravaganza. An extravaganza is an event where a group of demos teach different projects & the attendees sit back & have fun, create, eat & even win prizes - we must be doing something right as we sold out last week!

The Butterfly Prints stamp set & easel cards are my favourites at the moment, so I managed to persuade the demo working with me at this event - Janine Pearce that we couldn't make a punch art card which was her idea as I don't do punch art (sorry for those that love punch art & attending). She graciously allowed me to chose as our project an easel card using butterflies! Though we are doing punching out of butterfly shapes when I think about it.

Patrice from our team had recently made an easel card with a photo frame - so we added that in to create a bit more pizazz.

 The only other comment I have to make is we chose to use Kaleidoscope DSP as Rachael refused to use it on her backpack & both Janine & myself love Kaleidoscope DSP which will retire in 18 days time on March 31st.

Stamp sets: Butterfly Prints, Polka Dot (background), Pocket Silhouettes
Ink: Sahara Sand, Summer Sun, Pixie Pink
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Barely Banana, Whisper White, Vellum, Kaleidoscope DSP
Punches: 1-3/8" square, scallop border, hand-held 1/16"
Other: Filigree designer brads, mini glue dots, silver brads, magnetic strip (non-SU!)

The Pocket Silhouettes stamped piece is supposed to represent a photo.

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely, the double stamping looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen .. this is just soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely Karen. I'm sure the attendees were really impressed with this project. I only wish I could have been one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. she loves the DSP as much as you love punch art! lol

    it was a great project Karen, it brightened up the day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen