3 September 2012
Introducing Papaya Collage
This was one of the cards that everyone made at my launch party & I've shared a few of these with fellow demos in the last week too, talk about fast to create & loving the new Vintage style stamps in our new catalogue. I was inspired by Deena Boos & tweaked her original design a wee bit to work with what I had. So big thanks Deena the card was a huge success.
Stamps: Papaya Collage, En Francais (background)
Ink: Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Primrose Petals
Paper: Primrose Petals, Soft Suede, Natural Ivory, Very Vanilla
Other: Sponge, Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon, 1-3/4" bow maker, dimensionals, cutter tool (retired), spritzer, Soft Suede marker, mini glue dots
Primrose Petals A5, Soft Suede 10 x 14.3cm, Natural Ivory 9.5 x 13.8 cm, Very Vanilla 2-1/4" x 3" (two pieces)
1. Ink up En Francais with Crumb Cake (take the pad to the stamp & tap all over), stamp on the left hand side, repeat to fill in the approx. 1" blank piece on the right hand side - don't worry if it overlaps. It disappears when the frame is stamped on.
2. Stamp the frame from Papaya Collage in Soft Suede - see photo for placement.
3. Distress the edges with the cutter tool (or use the blade of your scissors) and sponge with Soft Suede or Crumb Cake around the edge.
4. On one piece of Very Vanilla stamp the rose image with Primrose Petals - stamp lightly this is a NEW style pad & is "juicy". On the other piece stamp the fern in Crumb Cake & the thrush with Soft Suede - the bird is just peeking in. Distress & sponge the edges & you can also spritz with a Soft Suede marker.
5. I have just adhered the layers together with no dimensionals and to me they jump out as is - but you are welcome to use dimensionals if you want too. Adhere the rose though with a dimesional & the Crumb Cake bow with a mini glue dot.
Many thanks to those that attended my launch parties & I am very excited about the new stuff so hope we have a lot of fun exploring & learning together with them.