3 February 2009

RAKs, awards and the 6th photo in the 6th folder!


Just home from a wee break & found this lovely card from my upline Jacque in the letter box, good to see she's using up her 60 cards! I don't know about the rest of you but I love receiving cards.


Thanks Michelle - don't know how I forgot about this one (maybe the smell of paint fumes!) as I love butterflies & must admit to having coveted this one from afar for awhile!!

So the usual rules:

1) Post the award(s) logo on your blog

2) Add the link to the person who nominated you

3) Nominate 10 other blogs & post their links

4) Let those people know that they have received the award

Now for something completely different:

A different challenge - to post the 6th photo found in your 6th folder in "My Pictures" - I actually keep my photos/jpegs on an external hard drive. I've really enjoyed reading the stories from everyone else's photos but have a sneaky feeling mine might be a bit boring!

I was tagged by my SBS sister Sharon & she has a cool photo of herself belly dancing!

Me, I have some photos of the Chinese Lantern Festival in Auckland February 2005, I was attending with my boyfriend of the time, who worked for Panavision cameras (movie making), which is why we were being stupid with my relatively new digital camera.

So here it is my 6th picture in my 6th folder .... wait for it... it's the Auckland Sky Tower:
I must admit that I had just meet "my Pete" the night before at Symphony in the Park & some fireworks were created that night. So don't think I was very good company for the poor bloke I was with & then wait for this... my neighbour rings me to say that my burglar alarm was going off, he couldn't see anything wrong with my place but just wanted to let me know (it turned out to be a faulty sensor as it kept happening) but the soon to be ex-BF wouldn't come back with me whilst I checked the place out. I was not impressed - needless to say this probably gave "my Pete" some more ticks in should I or shouldn't I go out with you. The answer is obviously yes & we're still together 4 years later.

Still being silly here:
Some real shots of the lanterns:Now I need to challenge 6 others to do this too:


  1. Anne Marie
  2. Tracy
  3. Louise
  4. Diane from the deep south
  5. Vanya
  6. Rachael
  7. Jacque
  8. Judy
- ladies please pick up the butterfly award too if you don't already have it & pass it on (decided I'd cheat & go for the middle no. of both challenges)

4 comments:

  1. They are pretty cool photos.. we have nothing that exciting down this way like that!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the challenge Karen. Not sure what to do as my 6th folder in My Pictures only contains 2 photos so no 6th photo to show. Love your photos though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool photos Karen, they look very artistic. Thanks for the award. I looked in my 6th photo and the 6th one is a photo of my cat monty trying to keep cool. I will post tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos, Karen and thanks for the challenge. I will post it on my blog.
    Vanja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen