14 February 2020

Happy V-day



Well it's Valentine's day down under so I thought I'd share the wee card I whipped up for my Pete today. I've been playing with my Pigment Sprinkles from Stampin' Up! lately. The papers in the Peaceful Poppies DSP remind me of watercolours so I was trying to recreate the watercoloured look.

I must admit I was wearing a pair of white trousers so was getting a bit worried that maybe this was a silly idea as they certainly pack a lot of colour in a few sprinkles. I used Gorgeous Grape, Mango Melody & Melon Mambo for my flower & Granny Apple Green & Bermuda Bay for my leaves. I coloured the Rhinestones with a RV66 Copic marker as it's supposed to be close to Rich Razzleberry.

There's not a lot of stamping on the card apart from the word love, its all the magic of watercolour, dies & fab designer series paper.

Recipe (all products Stampin' Up! apart from the Copic marker)
Stamp set: Balloon Builders
Ink: Memento Black, Poppy Parade, Pigment Sprinkles, RV66 (Copic)
Paper: Whisper White, watercolour, Peaceful Poppies DSP
Dies: Poppy Moments
Other: Dimensionals, Rhinestones, old SU! heart punch with 3 hearts on it (long time retired)

Just a quick explanation how I created the watercolour wash for the flower & leaves.

  • I always do a quick clean water wash on my watercolour paper first with either a watercolour brush or a big paintbrush.
  • Add a few Pigment Sprinkles to a laminated A4 piece of white paper or a craft mat or the back of a big perspex block.
  • Add a few drops of water to the pigment sprinkles - you can then mix on the sheet or I personally like to add to the wet watercolour paper & see what magic happens.

I'd like to enter my card into the Challenge at AAA cards (clean & simple), the challenge was up to 1/3rd with the option of a heart twist, so perfect for Valentine's day.


Well I hope everyone has a very nice day & feels loved & maybe just a wee bit of chocolate passes your lips;)

Happy KRaftin'

✿ Karen ✿

1 comment:

  1. I love the flowers you created with your backgrounds... so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen