29 February 2020

Heidi's Aperture Card

I think I'm a clean and simple stamper so when the Creative Inkers team were off to Holdens Bay in Rotorua for the annual stamp camp/retreat last weekend and the challenge for the swap cards was to create a workshop card. I thought I knew the perfect card for a workshop Heidi's Aperture card.


I love my dies more than anyone else but punches actually remind me of my early workshops with Stampin' Up! Back in those days I don't think we had any die cutting machines or that they'd even be invented so this was a bit of a trip down nostalgia lane for me.

I've used the field of poppies stamp from Painted Poppies twice to cover the width of the card. Then "coloured" in the flowers with the splatter stamp in the set and Poppy Parade ink. From one side of the card insert the 2" circle punch as far as it will go. Punch out the flowers and attach to an already punched out 2-¼" Poppy Parade circle. Now all you have to do is take the 2-¼" circle punch over the same hole to make it big enough to pop in the framed image.


Recipe (all products Stampin' Up!)
Stamp sets: Painted Poppies, Peaceful Moments
Ink: Memento Black, Poppy Parade
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Poppy Parade
Punches: 2" circle, 2-¼" circle

I loved how quick and easy this card was with a wee bit of wow, so I whipped up a few birthday cards too using Daffodil Delight ink and it's matching ¼" ruched ribbon that has just been released with the new mini catalogue. I also liked that when you open the card to write your message it's already decorated on the inside.




Thank you Heidi I love your aperture card. And if anyone would love to host a workshop I'd love to share this card with you and your friends.

Happy stampin'
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen