12 March 2022

Double windowbox card

My Stampin' Up! team takes part in monthly challenges, our challenge for February was the double window-box card. Talk about frustrating there is nothing on the internet how to create one, the only reference I could find was to an Aussie demo Nicole Wilson who was selling a tutorial how to make one.

I attempted to buy the tutorial from her but it was in a bundle so I had to buy the whole bundle, money is very tight now I have retired, so I thought I'll have a go at working out how to do it, using a gatefold card as my template which had pop up boxes inside, you can see that blog post HERE if you are interested.

I spent a whole Sunday trying to get it to work but it wasn't quite right when my friend Sarah Roche said she had found a French demonstrator Valerie Pinault on You Tube and kindly gave me the cutting and scoring dimensions for Valerie's card (you can see her scribbles from Valerie's video below). If you click on Valerie's name you can watch her make her "balcony card" which is why nothing came up about her when I Googled double window box.

So thanks Sarah and Valerie it is an AWESOME CARD!! FYI: Valerie's card was streamed June 2020 and Nicole's card had a tutorial created May 2021. So Valerie's was shared first.



I'd already started my attempt at creating the double window-box as an A5 card and to be honest I'm rather happy with my card as it fits in a standard envelope, the window boxes maybe a bit tight but it sure does have a WOW factor when you open the card. I hope the friend I'm posting it to who is recovering after some surgery thinks so too.

Cutting Dimensions for my A5 card:
A5 card: 10.5 x 29.6 cm - folded at 14.8 
Window boxes (same as Valerie) 2 pieces of 4 x 17cm (score at 6, 8, 14, 16 cm)
Joining window boxes together 1 piece of  1.8 x 8cm
Inserts inside window box 2 pieces of 2 x 8cm (score 1cm at each end), it is better to add the insert right to the back (I had to redo mine after this photo taken) as my die-cut pieces were not in the middle and did not look balanced
DSP: 2 pieces of 10 x 14.3 cm, for adding to window box I just cut enough to cover the box panels showing ie 3.5 x 8 cm (scored at 6cm - for top box), 3.5 x 10 cm (scored at 2 and 8 cm - for bottom box).






I kept the front really plain with just DSP and a belly band to close.


And inside the card:


Supply List (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: Forever Fern
Ink: Blushing Bride, Polished Pink, Pear Pizzazz, Just Jade, Soft Sea Foam
Paper: Polished Pink, Basic White, Soft Sea Foam, Just Jade, Forever Greenery DSP
Dies: Forever Flourishing, Stitched So Sweetly
Other: Dimensionals, Tombow glue, silica mat (highly recommended as so much wet glue!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen