10 December 2023

AAA Cards Challenge 255 : time for me to get the Ugly sweaters out!

It's time for the latest challenge at AAA Cards and it's an interesting one, we've got a sketch to play with as our inspiration but also wanting cool colours. My first attempt was with some "faceted" stars just colouring in different areas on each star and gradually getting darker, it was OK but I wasn't in love with it, when I had an a-ha moment and thought let's play with Ugly and Bright sweaters (Lawn Fawn) and 2 of the sweaters even had snowflakes too, but they are not mandatory. Of course the sweaters are cute and not ugly, as Lawn Fawn doesn't really do ugly.


I've used my Copic markers to colour in gradually getting darker. LHS sweater BG10/11, middle sweater BG32/45 and RHS sweater BG13/49. A bit of Quickie glue pen and some Prisma glitter as you can't have a Christmas card without a bit of sparkle!!


Do check out all the fab inspirational cards from the other design team members and hope to see you in the challenge too (but do remember to keep it CAS). Because it's that silly time of the year you have nearly a month to do this challenge so hope you can squeeze in some play time and join in with the fun too.




✿Karen✿

10 comments:

  1. super take on your sketch, love the woolie jumpers, they seem perfect for the cold weather and cold part of the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maaike they are my most used stamps I love them

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore the sweaters card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously...I'm obsessing over these stamps!!! So cute and funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my all time fav Lawn Fawn set, not sure if its because I've used it and used it or just because it's funny and cute

      Delete
  4. Those tiny sweaters are really cute and I love that you colored them all in shades of aqua! Perfectly CAS and definitely cute as a button............or should I say cute as three buttons ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the theme, Karen! Love your "cool" little jumpers, so cute and perfect for the challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those wee jumpers! Thanks for the kind comments Jane.

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen