This idea is totally cased from one of my fellow demos Lisa Bullock AKA Daffy Scrapper, this is one of the coolest things about being a demonstrator that being part of a team you almost have too many ideas and projects to do & the day isn't long enough! If you'd like to join in on the fun & being part of our team you can check out some FAQs HERE.
Back to the fabulous Santa that we KReated at class this week.
Card Stock: Real red 1 piece 4-½" x 4-½", Whisper white 1 piece 1-½ " x 11" and Basic black 1 piece ~ 1" x ¼"
Yoyo yellow, basic black & whisper white scraps
Paper: Ski Slope Designer Series double sided paper - 1 piece 5-½" x 11"
Punches: Eyelet border, ½" & ¾" circle; double rectangle, round tab, Crop-a-dile
Other: Real red striped grosgrain
Box Base Instructions:
1. Using scoring blade and a paper cutter (or a bone folder and ruler) score your 4-½" square real red card 1 inch in from all four sides. Crease all your score lines.
2. Using scissors, cut up to the 1-inch line on TWO of the four sides.
3. Assemble your box base. Stick the 'flaps' to the outside of the box, so they will be hidden when the base is covered.
Making the 'Bag':
1. Attach double-sided adhesive to one long side, and one short side of your designer paper. Take care to attach to the 'wrong side' of your paper - that is the pattern that you want to be on the inside of your bag.
2. Position so the bottom edge of the paper is level with the bottom of the box, and the end of the paper is midway along one of the box edges. Attach paper to box base.
3. You may need to put one hand inside the bag to help get the seams smooth. The side with the paper join will be the back of your bag.
Hopefully the rest is self-explanatory looking at the picture - any questions drop me a line.