6 March 2020

Uplifting Umbrella

It was a grey & gloomy day in Auckland yesterday and I had sometime to do a bit of blog hopping & saw a few simple challenges at AAA Cards (Clean and Simple Challenges) and The Paper Players which seemed a nice way to spend the afternoon. I was thinking I may need an umbrella real soon when I decided to make this card.



  • I've black embossed the umbrella on the reverse of a paper from the Birthday Bonanza DSP pack (the other side has lions on it) as I loved the Terracotta Tile/Grapefruit Grove colours which seemed so cheery. 
  • The gumboots I just black embossed them on thick Whisper White cardstock & then stamped one of the sweet wee flowers all over it with Gray Granite Ink. 
  • I've then fussy cut out the gumboots and then coloured it in with alcohol markers & the cheery centre is a Melon Mambo Stampin' Write marker. 
  • I punched out the umbrella using the punch and the handle I just punched out of black card stock. 

So a really quick & easy but hopeful it adds a "bit of sunshine" to the recipient it sure did to my day.


Supply List (all products Stampin' Up! apart from the Copic Markers):
Stamps: Under My Umbrella (Photopolymer)
Ink: Versamark, Gray Granite, Melon Mambo marker, various Copic markers
Paper: Thick Whisper White, Basic Black, Birthday Bonanza DSP
Punches: Umbrella Builder
Other: Black EP, Dimensionals (mini & normal), EMBOSSING BUDDY (very important as black embossing on white cardstock)

 If you buy the stamp set & punch as a bundle you save 10% - Under My Umbrella Bundle (153786) $64.75

I found a really cool site that matches the Copic Markers to Stampin' Up! Blends as for those of you that have been following me for awhile know I discovered colouring & Copic markers whilst I was no longer a demo in the middle of 2016. For complicated colouring I'd have to say Copics are amazing but for simple colouring of small images for cards I wish SU! had their blends available years ago I would have saved a whole lot of money! As I have invested in 2/3 of the Copic range there is no turning back for me & I am very grateful Kim from Joyful Creations from Kim has all the matches on her site. For those of you starting on the colouring journey SU! offers blending markers in a much smaller range which offers the ease & versatility of blending with alcohol and the marker colour will also match the card stock, ribbon, DSP etc (all the things we/I love about SU!) and I'm happy to say thick whisper white card stock is possible to blend on, I wouldn't personally recommend it on regular whisper white.

Anyhow onto the Challenges; maximum white space and heat embossing - 2 of my favourite things to do on a card.






✿ Karen ✿

8 comments:

  1. Karen your card is absolutely darling! The paper piecing looks wonderful and the cheerful message is sure to brighten the day of the recipient! Thanks so much for sharing with is at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karen! Your card is absolutely adorable. It will definitely bring a ray of sunshine into someone's day! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute....I just think this set is so much fun and there are endless possibilities! Thanks for sharing it with the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is time for sunshine, isn't it? great card. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, this is such a fun and cheerful card! I love how the bright colors just pop on the clean layout. Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. Thank you for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really pretty little card, love those flowery boots! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card!
    Have a great day!
    Marilyn❤

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen