11 May 2020

Monochromatic card challenge

Another challenge card & I grimaced when I saw the challenge, a monochromatic card using a retiring in-colour.

So thinking cap on how to use my favourite in-colour of 2018-2020 Grapefruit Grove; which is retiring in approximately 3 weeks time on June 2.


Anyhow this is what I came up with & I'm really happy how it turned out. I knew I wanted a square card, with a flower in the corner, the sentiment in the colour in a popped out middle circle. I kept on tweaking the dimensions ie using my mini-guillotine to take a bit more of each side to balance the card & looking closely I mayn't have actually done my mats as accurately as I would have liked but the base card is 4-1/2" square, I wanted each mat to be incrementally 1/8" smaller. I've also used the subtle folder to add some subtle texture to the top white mat which you can't see it the photo but looks nice in reality.

Working with the rose stamp it's best to stamp the outline first, then I stamped off the background 2x before stamping, I then used the second stamp that adds dimension after stamping it off once.

Supply List (all Stampin' Up!)
Stamp: To A Wild Rose
Ink: Grapefruit Grove, Versamark
Paper: Whisper White (thick for the base), Grapefruit Grove, Cardstock Vellum
Dies: Wild Rose, Layering circles
Other: White embossing powder, Champagne rhinestones, dimensionals

I still can't believe I earned this stamp set & matching dies as a freebie in Sale-a-bration this year it's so pretty & I love the scripty font. Well I have a sketch for my next challenge so better get the thinking cap on again
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen