15 May 2020

My first Christmas card for 2020


I thought it seemed a good idea whilst in lockdown & presented with just a few "ingredients" for a mystery class that I might as well start on a Christmas Card.

Wow lockdown has zoomed by where did 7-plus weeks go?? A huge shout out to my upline Rhonda Fawcett & my Stampin' team the Star Stampers they have provided a real crafty fix for me whilst locked down. This is something I want to pursue I just need to work out how to do Facebook Live! I love seeing how everyone's cards turn out when we all have the same set of what to cut out but we don't really know what we're making.

So Rhonda sent the list of what we had to prepare before the live session.

3 pieces of a main colour:
21 x 10.5 cm, score in landscape at 6 cm
21 x 6 cm, score in landscape at 10.5 cm
13.5 x 6 cm, score in portrait at 2 cm (this is the piece that becomes the stand for the card)

2 pieces of white or vanilla card both the same size; 10 x 5.5 cm. Plus a scrap piece big enough for you to stamp and cut out an image on to go on the front of the card. They will go on one of the pieces of DSP in portrait position.

Second colour 14.4 x 10 cm. 
This can be embossed with your choice of embossing folder. OR you can use a piece of DSP 14.4 x 10 cm instead of embossed card stock.
Designer Series Paper: 2 different patterns of DSP cut to the same size 10 x 5.5 cm. One piece will go in landscape position and one in portrait position so check your patterns!

Plus  a pencil, ruler, rubber and a trimmer plus your adhesives.

Colours were chosen that matched the DSP. To me it's almost the starting point of the recipe. I actually chose Whisper White to be my 2nd "colour".


In this card I cut the Santa on his couch out of the DSP.


The cards come together really easy once cut out.


This was the only tricky step making a stand out of card stock so the card stands upright.






Supply List (all Stampin' Up! apart from the images that were coloured up last Christmas with Zig Real color brushes)
Stamps: Signs of Santa (retired), Oh, Goodie! (retired)
Paper: Real Red, Wild Wasabi (retired), Whisper White, Santa's Workshop Specialty DSP (retired)
Embossing Folder: Softly Falling (retired)
Other: Dimensionals

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen