15 March 2023

Start of Stenciled 2 Online Card Classes

This is the name of the new Online Card Class that Kristina Werner and Jennifer McGuire run and I just love these classes as they are really reasonable $30USD for 10 days of videos and inspiration, not only from Jennifer and Kristina but other fab card makers. You also save $5 if you sign up when first released, so even though I am really time poor at the moment I signed up the moment I received my e-mail notification. You have life time access to the classroom, videos and PDFs. You also get to work with your stash. Now I thought I had too many stencils, but after day 1 I see I have too many of the wrong sort of stencils. Our teachers on day 1 were Jennifer McGuire and Cathy Zielske. The things they did with stencils I would never in a million years think I wanted or needed, was sensational. I'm guessing after 10 days I will have a big wish list of stencils I now need to buy but they are a relatively cheap crafting supply.



Looking at all my stencils I thought I could do one of the techniques with a "Mandela" type stencil I had in my stash. It was part of a set of 4 pattern party decorative masks (#144103) from SU! in 2019.

In essence we were supposed to put down a thick band of yellow, leaving inner and outer edge clear. Then ink blend in middle with a pink and go over the yellow to make orange. Outer edge blend in with an aqua blue and again blend over yellow to make green. Looking at my try I would take my yellow out further as too much aqua blue but as my stencil was a circle, maybe it was about right as I had to chop of the edges.

Then we cleaned up our stencil and placed over our original blending and then moved the stencil ~45 degrees, reink very lightly with same colours in "same orientation", we were supposed to clean the stencil again before adding glitter paste (Hero Arts) but I just wiped down my stencil with my microfibre cloth and smothered on hopefully an even layer of the paste with my palette knive. Lift the stencil gently and clean everything with water ASAP. 

I was able to use my new stencil drying rack I received as part of my swag for the SCT Cardmaking event which I am an attendee at next weekend virtual event (which is why I am time poor getting prepped and ready for the 4-day event). 

 

I then sprinkled on a tad more fine glitter which will stick to the glitter paste and leave to dry. Jennifer said the card will warp but mine warped heaps - I should have used a heavier cardstock than 801bs, but we live and learn and I flattened it out heaps by stacking some books on top when the paste had dried.




I then die cut out using my Waffle Flowers A2 layers die some of my stenciled pattern and used the "additional layer set" to make a black mat. I didn't like it when I added to a white card so used Concord and 9th Parsley card stock for my card base.


I have used my Pinkfresh Studio inks as below for my blending.





The stamped images come from Best of Friends add-on (Elle's Studio) and both have been embossed. The iridescent rhinestone jewels came from SU! but seemed to work well as an orangey-pink colour.

Well I am rapt with my card and looking forward to the next lesson. You can sign up anytime to do the classes but it's really good to partake when "live" as even if you can't make a card at the moment you can ask questions at the live chats or in the Facebook group.

TODAY'S BEST HACK I LEARNT was from Jennifer was to tap off my blending brush in the inkpad lid so you don't get ink all over your work space and it works great

✿ Karen ✿

#OCCStenciled2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen