14 March 2023

You're the bee's knees

When I saw the AAA card challenge I knew exactly what I wanted to create but getting ready for my BIG BOX card event next weekend is consuming all my crafty free time at the moment but thankfully I only have 5 classes to prep now so I should be blogging most days going forth.

I have used a Gina K 1/2" masking strip to leave a border on the LHS of the card base, which I have ink-blended through a Honeycomb stencil (Lawn Fawn); Squeezed Lemonade and Dried Marigold distress oxide inks.

I then Copic coloured up one of the bees from a cool card kit I got from Simon Says Stamp awhile ago called "Bee Yourself" and it has matching dies for all the wee bees. The sentiment comes from that set too and the bee trail comes from Lawn Fawn's Hive Five set as I was trying to leave as much white space as possible; as AAA are a CAS challenge site. I have added Prismacolor glitter (LF) to the wings.




Copics used (darkest > lightest):
Yellows: Y17/15/11
Grey: W3/1/0
Blue (wing): B000/0000

There is still a wee bit of time to play (4 days more), I was cutting it tight but I love how their challenges are 2-weekly, as to be honest I need a week to think what to do.


Even if you don't have time to join in check out the DT and other entries, there are some fab cards to see. ✿ Karen ✿



2 comments:

  1. What a sweet card Karen. Love you sponging and design. Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little hint of beehive on the border is gorgeous - I LOVE your blended colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen