28 March 2023

Glitter all the things

This is the catch phrase of Jenn Shurkus aka Creative Chick

Jenn was our teacher for the Lawn Fawn class with my SCT big box event. This is my favourite class of the event, though there are some close seconds but I thought I would start the blogging journey with my favourite class.

It was a very magical class with fairies, rainbows, unicorns and lots of glitter!! Our class kit was very cool with a stamp set, matching dies, 3 stencils, stitched rainbow and cloud dies plus a jar of Prisma glitter.

We used the cloud stencil to make a rainbow of clouds I had to grab a "matching fairy" from another Lawn Fawn set that was facing left to cover up a whoopsie with my stamp jumping on me whilst I was stamping the wee stars. One of my sayings is " a whoopsie moment is an opportunity for a gemstone" or moving the sentiment to a popped up strip to cover it all up. This whoopsie was at the every end and it just about broke my heart, all that work but the wee fairy covered it up perfectly and she looks like she is meant to be there if you ask me!

Our background card base has also been coloured in the 3 inks we are working with to make the 5 colours of our rainbow. Yellow down both sides, then the pink from the top and the teal from the bottom. Very easy to do as only covering the edges. The clouds have also been stenciled in with only 3 inks as well with the same "equation" to give you 5 colours.                                                                      

This card also uses the same technique of using the 3 inks to make 5 colours. You first lay down a broad band of yellow in the middle on a diagonal, then blend in pink from top LHS to make orange where the blend meets and from the bottom RHS an (aqua) blue to make a green. We've also stenciled through using the sparkle stencil and then I have also sprayed the background with my bottle of Shimmer Spritz (Imagine Crafts) to make it more sparkly and dabbed it off. And check out those cute faces on the cloud, look at the cheeks, is that not the cutest thing you have ever seen!!

Then we made a rainbow coloured rainy background with our raindrop stencil and created a cute stitched rainbow. The colours for the rainbow card are all blended backgrounds.


All the wee images are Copic coloured Jenn has such an easy technique for Copic colouring small critters it is well worth doing a paid class or just joining in with a free Lawn Fawn Create with Us class, she always provides a colouring guide "how to" with all the classes.

Jenn used Lawn Fawn's Sunshine, Bubblegum and Merman ink - I used Catherine Pooler's Catching Rays, Do-Si-Do and Cummerbund inks. I also stamped my images on Xpress IT blending card stock as I tried Copic colouring an image on the cardstock we were provided for classes and I had major bleed.

#cropandcreatedelivered #SCTbigboxevent

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen