26 November 2023

AAA Cards Challenge 254 : this one challenged me!

It's time for another challenge with AAA Cards and we have a colour challenge "black, gold and white". Sounded fab, opulent and perfect for a Christmas card but OMG  I couldn't do it clean and simple so watch this space hopefully you will see in the future some busy and complex cards with these 3 colours as my desk has lots of bits from my first try.

I ended up using a card design I use a lot (the wee window) plus some clean gold embossing and a bit of black to make it pop. I'm actually really rapt how it all turned out, it's rather dramatic. I love the font for the sentiment and I feel this would be a really effective Sympathy card design too.


Supply List:
Stamps: Flower Field Background (MFT), To the Wise One (HB - sentiment)
Ink: Versamark, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper: Neenah White, Black
Other: Master Layouts 3 (GKD), gold and clear embossing powder, embossing buddy
Challenge: AAA Cards #254


Well that certainly challenged me, I hope you can join us as we would love to see what you come up with. Do check out all the other fab cards on display as this really is a colour combo that packs a punch. As always when I see what the DT and then everyone that plays along creates I'm always amazed and inspired and hopefully you will be too.

Thanks for popping in.
✿ Karen ✿

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Maaike, this challenge "challenged me" all right but so happy with final result, something I never ever would have thought of creating!

      Delete
  2. Stunning card, Karen! I would never have guessed the challenge was a "challenge" for you, can't wait to see your other black, white and gold creations. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane that's so kind. Must find the black ornaments with gold embossing ;)

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen