28 November 2023

Having another go at Watercolouring

I'm really happy to report all Christmas cards have been posted away and it's not even December, so back to finishing off earlier classes I have signed up for.

Today I am finishing of the watercoloring with Manushree, this was supposed to be wet on dry techniques. I started-off like her but I didn't like the look of drawn fine lines with darker paint as my second layer if I'm honest, so ended up in the end doing a bit of colour removing with water and pushing the paint back towards the centre or where ever I wanted the shadow to be. I'm really happy how this turned out, I think I also prefer the colour palate of big flowers one colour and smaller flowers another colour, it looks more cohesive to me. Again this class was more about teaching us techniques with watercolour than making a card. My first go you can see HERE.

I have to say the watercolour paper they supplied takes a lot of water, I love it apart from it's cream. I still can't get over that the image is just stamped with Metropolis a dye ink.

Supply List:
Stamps: Nothing but the Best (PFS), Basic Banners: Celebrate (PFS) (plus matching dies for both stamp sets)
Ink: Metropolis (PFS), Seaside (PFS)
Paper: Watercolor (PFS - being released in 2024), Neenah Natural White #110
Other: Watercolor Artist Paints (ALT), Starry Skies Ombre glitter drops (PFS), Floral Backdrop (PFS), Blanket Stitched Rectangles (PFS), stamping foam
I can see the end is in sight for my February Create and Connect with Pinkfresh Studios with only one class to go - the mash up with Jennifer McGuire. Thanks for popping in and I hope you have a fab day.
✿Karen✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen