5 November 2023

Pretty in Pink with Jenn

Another fab live virtual class with Jenn Shurkus aka Creative Chick today. The official class title is Tweets the Season, the new unofficial name is Pink-mas. This is a continuation of the free Create with Us class that Kelly Marie and Jenn run from the Lawn Fawn blog.

Jenn's paid classes are well worth taking as she steps up the cards quite a bit plus from the free class and we get instructions for three cards plus 2 bonus card suggestions. Her classes are really reasonable and provide colouring guides, lots of pictures and nearly 5 hours of videos if you miss the live class. She's out and about doing live classes face to face again so it's good she still squeezes in some virtual classes for those of us that can't catch her face to face.

Her love of teal and pink is well known, she doesn't really like red at all so uses pinks (R35 / RV13 / RV21) as her red colour combo frequently. Shock horror I don't think there's one BG Copic anywhere on any of these cards. I've had to use different backgrounds at times but I was fortunate I actually had ALL the stamp sets she used today plus a few of the backdrop dies.

This is my bundle of cards at the end of the class (3 official cards plus the 2 bonus cards one day two ways) so feeling Christmas cards are pretty well under control especially as I have a few other Christmas card classes to catch up on if needed. Otherwise, I'll have started on 2024 cards ;)


Jenn always provides prep you need to do before her class plus all the images needed for colouring need to be stamped and die cut out. The hardest thing IMO is conditioning the stamps so they stamp fab and crisp. As I wanted to join the second session at 8am kiwi time which was constructing the cards I actually coloured the images all up yesterday and then die cut them out. As I didn't want to arise at 4am to do live colouring with here I used the colouring guide provided in the class PDF. I do have to say this time as there was so many images the images in our handout seemed more crammed in than normal i.e. smaller; making it harder to actually see how she had blended. So I ended up doing what I thought she had done for the most part I was bang on, in places watching the replay I totally got it wrong but after doing quite a lot of classes under her tutelage it's hard to not to make cute images shine. So many images and so many die cuts...just waiting for glitter ;)


Card one and two below


Card one is pretty bang on Jenn's card but as I only have the 6x6" DSP pack I don't have a reverse to use inside the peek-a-boos but blending Guava ink (TE)  to the edges almost makes it look like a different DSP.


Loving the Pixie Dust glitter card stock for the Winter Wonderland window, it die cuts beautifully and is really sparkly in real life. As I don't own Quinn's ABC stamp set I die cut "home" out of Spiffy Speckle DSP using Henry's ABC dies, shadowed with Guava card stock to strengthen it then ink blended some Guava ink up from the bottom. It's definitely tighter for space but still works.


We had to wait until card three to see a dark teal blue background. I've used SU! Pretty Peacock instead of Lawn Fawn's Rain Forest card and I've used Itsy Bitsy Polka Dot background rather than a diagonal strip backdrop die. 


Bonus Card one; again as I don't own Quinn's ABC's I used a different sentiment from Ho-Ho- Holidays, I feel like my scene is missing a "floor" which the word MERRY provided using the big letter stamps but still pretty cute; got to love the wee mice under the mistletoe.


Bonus card two, done two ways. Jenn has used a Lawn Fawn cloud backdrop and I own one too but mine is landscape orientation. It's quite hard as Lawn Fawn seems to release a portrait and a landscape (and sometimes diagonal) orientations for their backdrops/coverplate dies. I already owned this portrait one from CTMH which is actually very versatile. I have used Pearlescent Vellum as my cloud inserts here; using up scraps to die cut them out and both cards use Lawn Fawn Ballet Slipper Card stock, the one on the right I have used my Distress Oxides to blend (Worn Lipstick > Saltwater Taffy > Spun Sugar). I've reintroduced the birdhouse as unbelievably I do NOT own a snowman from any stamp company, I maybe Jenn-abled to get Making Frosty Friends as that seems pretty shocking that I don't own one amongst all my stamps.


Another fab class and she's announced her next one will be in January using the newly released mini snow globes, can't wait for it.... plus some more Distress classes. Roll on 2024!!!

#creativechickclasses






✿Karen✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen