29 October 2023

AAA Cards Challenge 252 : Colour Scheme Inspiration

Hi everyone there's a new challenge at AAA cards and we have a fab picture to inspire us (just remember to keep it CAS).


I have tried to mimic the colours in the hot air balloon with Copic colouring the wee umbrella and I think I got a pretty good match (colours used are listed below).


I also tried a bit of ink smooshing directly to my base card using a wash of Blue Blitz shimmer powder and even though I used a smaller piece of acetate it 's maybe a tad bigger than I was aiming for. But if you've ever tried this fun technique we do have minimal control.  I did it twice, heat drying between each layer. I also splattered with my white gold Gansi Tambi paint with a no. 1 round brush to make little splatters and a bit of shine.

Supply List:
Hero Arts : My Monthly Hero Kit February 2017
Other : Blue Blitz shimmer powder (Nuvo), white gold paint (Tansi Gambi), Lavinia smooth & multifarious white card, Versafine Nocturne Clair, clear EP, Copics, heat tool (RNG)
Copics (darkest to lightest blend): BV08/13/02; V17/15/12; B04/02/01/00; E00

Well I hope you can join in with us and do remember you have 2 weeks so there is plenty of time to play along, we would love to see what  inspires you but definitely check out all the fab cards on display at AAA#252

Thanks for popping in and hope there are no storms to weather where ever you are in the world and especially in NZ hope you're keeping safe and dry as the remnants of Cyclone Lola hits our country tonight.

✿ Karen ✿

4 comments:

  1. awesome take on the color scheme , love your card

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little person looks so lonely...this is the PERFECT sentiment for this image and the blue water coloring around it, just makes it more perfect. Great card for someone in need!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin lately I've been needing cards like this and great to have on hand when needed

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen