18 October 2023

Autumn Blessings


I think I'll need to tuck this card away for another six months as we're heading into Spring in New Zealand but I had a lot of fun spraying shimmer/mystical sprays onto Fabriano Bristol smooth cardstock so  I could die cut out some Artsy Leaves for ALL the "Autumn challenges", unfortunately the shimmer and shine doesn't really show that well in the photos.

I also got to upcycle a cardboard box from my recycling bin using the corrugated cardboard as my mat under the leaves. I've swiped a bit of gold Hero Wax onto the ridges too. The sentiment has been  stamped with Versafine Clair Acorn ink and then clear heat embossed. 



Supplies used:

Taylored Expressions : Happy Harvest (sentiment)
Sizzix : Artsy Leaves dies
Hero Arts : Gold wax, 2-tone Royal Purple + Gold metallic spray
Lavinia : Golden Temple & Pinkella Mystical sprays
Dylusions : Tangerine Dream shimmer spray

ChallengesCAS on Friday #268 ; Simply Clean and Simple : October ChallengeThe Paper Players PP662, The Card Concept #200 (Autumn Chill)






I have been inspired by the purple book above to include the colour purple in one of my sprays. I don't think I've ever seen a purple leaf before but it looks and works great as one of the contrast colours.

Well it's funny everyone is wanting Autumn but I had a ball playing and getting inky with my leaves and I saw the corrugated board on another blog with white leaves and at the time thought what a good idea (and cheap). Do check out all the inspiration on the challenge sites there's some fab cards to see.

Have a great day and thanks for popping in.
✿ Karen ✿

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pop of texture!! Fabulous~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene, I can't believe how a bit of cardboard box works so well on the card

      Delete
  2. Looks great - I must say I had a look at my challenge list tonight and yes there are loads of pumpkins and Halloween in challenges at the moment ... now to choose one that inspires me to create ... eeny, meeny, miney, mo ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the corrugated texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni I too can't believe how well that piece of "waste recycling" worked so well as a backdrop for the leaves

      Delete
  4. Karen, I love the whimsical leaves and that background adds some fun texture. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne I enjoyed playing along too

      Delete
  5. Such and AMAZING idea with the cardboard background! Love it and the leaves are so cute...even better with the shimmer I bet... So glad you were able to play with is at CAS on Friday, hope you join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin yes I agree and glad I tried it, the cardboard is such a great layer and so readily accessible

      Delete
  6. A beautiful fall-inspired card Karen - I love the texture added by the corrugated card! Thanks for playing along with my CAS Challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Joanne it was a fun challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen