24 October 2023

You Crow Girl

I finally completed my Lawn Fawn class from my big box event taught by Jenn Shurkus over the weekend. I think any Lawn Fawnie who wasn't enrolled with the SCT event is so jealous at the moment as we all received as part of our class kit this adorable scarecrow girl; there's good news for them it will be released but I'm guessing next Fall so they have to wait a wee bit.

Jenn designed and taught 3 fun cards for us to create and kept the colouring all the same but used the extra elements we received in our kits in different and fun ways.


We received the stamp set and matching dies, 3 scalloped border dies, a very handy farm fence die, an "Autumn Breeze" stencil - see card 2 and 3 above plus all the patterned DSP. We've ink blended through the stencil and also ink blended the edges of the layers, some fences and some scallop borders. Jenn used every item we received including the 3 different sizes of scallop borders.

I've used my own ink collection as the only Lawn Fawn inks I have bought have been the alcohol safe ones which come as a pack of 4 mini cubes. Space is a real issue in my craft room i.e. there is no more room!! My colours used Catching Rays (CP), Apricot (PFS - too light - should have gone darker), Paradise (NEW PFS ink - I think a great blue to replace LF's Rainforest, well it played along nicely with the spotted DSP). Mushroom (C9 - happy with this swap for LF's Soot which apparently is a brownish grey-black, I think this Mushroom ink is brownish grey-black too ;)

Good tip: to self and all of us when cleaning stencils with fine details, don't use a microfibre cloth as it's too sticky and I caught one of my leaf's inner working and have lifted it up quite badly; lucky it's a 6" x 6" stencil but a good reminder to work with just my plain flour sack (cotton) cloth and the alcohol spray in future.




Well I loved this class as I love Lawn Fawn and the images always bring a smile to my face. I'm off to make a strawberry pink girl now as we received instead of orange gingham a pink piece, who knew there still was/is problems with paper supplies. Thanks Jenn and Lawn Fawn.

#cropandcreatedelivered

✿Karen✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen