12 October 2023

EZ with CZ Part 2

I managed to finish of the card set from my big box with Cathy Zielske and Concord and 9th, but getting so frustrated with Briar Rose ink its a real dirty dark rose pink. I walked away from SU! inks as they too are dirty (lots of grey undertones), so it saddens me here's another dirty pink ink. I also seem to make mud using it with the Lemongrass. Looking in the class album on Facebook I am not alone in my efforts with these inks.

These are the 3 cards together:



I have no idea how Cathy gets her blending so light. I tried wiping off excess ink by swiping my cube on some scrap paper. Her tip that I shared yesterday did not work with my smaller blending brushes. I decided to just persevere and finish the class off  and will revisit the card kit when I have finished the box off and try other colour combos as I really love the class kit.

FYI this is what we received for this class kit:
  • 4 ink cubes: Pebble, Juniper, Lemongrass and Briar Rose
  • Set of coordinating coloured enamels dots
  • On My Mind bundle : stamp set (really sentiments and additions to stamp on pots), 3 piece stencil and dies

Close up of the remaining 2 cards below, I love the Briar Rose card but still don't like how Briar Rose and Lemongrass inks blend to a brown i.e. "mud" when blended by me. If I'm honest I  also don't like the friend die cut in Pink Lemonade card stock and not sure why they introduced a new colour which to me doesn't really work that well with the ink colours. Maybe they didn't have enough Briar Rose (which is the base card) to provide us with more. I think in hindsight and I may still do it and add on top another die cut out friend from Briar Rose card, which I own. They also could have got us to make our card stock by ink blending a panel. I still don't like the "wonky" banner. The friend and the stamped banner sentiment are in the panel where we masked off the middle row to make some white space.


Last card and again I really hate my blending of that Briar Rose ink on the pots, it didn't lighten back like normal. I am hHappy though with the ink blending of Lemongrass ink onto Lemongrass cardstock and the Juniper ink onto Avocado (mid-green) and Juniper card stock. I love these wee dies and I do like the pun-ny sentiment.


I think the C9 class is normally one of my favourite classes in the big box and in the past I have loved how their inks blend which is why I invested in getting them ALL (plus the re-inkers) which is why I am so disappointed how this all turned out for me. I'm definitely revisiting this class and C9 have kindly provided us with other combos to try. Sharing Cathy's fun sneak peeks so you can see how fab her ink blending was as well.
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen