3 October 2023

Clean and Simple inkblending

The latest challenge at AAA cards is a goodie but also I normally go all out when ink blending with quite a large panel so trying to do it CAS is a challenge. They also want at least 3 colours so felt I needed some area to show there is an ink blend.

I revisited a card I made last year which you can see HERE and made it one layer, changed the orientation to get more white space, added a smaller "moon", smaller Santa and sleigh and also a smaller sentiment. I have also made the blend darker and more dramatic to "pop more" I hope.


I have used Lavinia Multifarious Smooth and Supreme cardstock to ink blend on as it is smooth and it's easy to blend on and it's WHITE and a great weight (300g). My first go I only used my Masking Magic sheets from Gina K Designs for the moon, silly me one of my post it notes had lost its stick so had a very fuzzy upper line. So for this card I used Masking Magic to mask it all with the utmost confidence I would get no bleed. Post-it notes do work fine, I just need to shout myself a new pad of them, my pad was over a decade old and on it's last few pages.

I've also lightly misted the ink blend with Frost Shimmer craft spray (imagine crafts) to make my sky slightly "snowy". It looks so pretty and shimmery IRL.



Supply List:
Stamps: Winter Skies (LF - Santa's sleigh), Holiday Silhouettes (GKD), Itty Bitty Holiday (MFT - sentiment), Mini Moon (ALT)
Ink: Versafine Clair Nocturne
Distress inks (RNG): Squeezed Lemonade, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Blueprint Sketch, Lost Shadow oxide (moon)
Paper: Lavinia Smooth and Multifarious
Other: Masking Magic (GKD), blending brushes (TE), Frost Shimmer craft spray (imagine crafts)
Challenges: AAA #250



Well another goodie from the team at AAA so do check out the DT inspiration plus the other entrants too. I'm happy with my blend just hope my card is CAS enough as this is my 2nd entry for their DT call, so wish me luck and thanks for popping in.

EDITED: Very happy to report "my card" was the winner for the challenge and I'm also on the DT now, so win, win!!






✿ Karen ✿

6 comments:

  1. that's awesome , really something I could make or have made in the past. Thank you for playing at the AAA Cards Challenges and good luck with the DT call

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maaike I appreciate that

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got this GKD set Karen - you've used it brilliantly and I love the way you've done the moon! Good luck with the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire no one does a silhouette as well as GKD

      Delete
    2. WOW!!! This is amazing Karen! Love the sunset and the moon is spectacular! Thanks for joining us this time at AAA Cards Challenge!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Kristin if only every ink-blend worked out as well as this one

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen