27 February 2023

Gina K's ink blended holiday cards

Yes I have completed another card class from my "fall event 2022" and do not ask me why I didn't complete this before Christmas but I especially love the ink blended cards and they were so easy they make great mass producible cards.

Gina K does incredible ink blended cards with a lot of wow and is a fab teacher and she didn't disappoint with these.


Gina used her inks for class and her blend was Tranquil Tide, Wild Lilac, Innocent Pink, Peach Bellini. I used my Stampin' Up! inks and I loved how they turned out especially the water reaction on the "merry christmas" card. I used Pretty Peacock, Gorgeous Grape, Calypso Coral, Grapefruit Grove. I had to work quite hard to make the blend happen but that might be more to do with the cardstock I was blending on. I know Gina K inks have something added to them to make them easier to blend.

I also liked how we made the hanging snowflake ornament pop with a white gel pen.

I used a cheap black card stock from Spotlight as I was really low at the time I was doing my pre-event prep and the colour is all right for the mat (1/8" bigger on all sides) but it's quite nasty on the die cut. I made this whilst away at a girlfriend's place otherwise would have re-cut out and also layered up on 2-3 die-cuts. I'm sure girlfriend would have had black card stock but I didn't have my die with me. I also don't have my stamp set, she borrowed it to use it as she loved the sleigh and reindeers.

My cards close up:





We got heaps of stuff in our kit box for this class: Holiday Silhouettes stamp set, Holidays and shadow wee die, Happy Holidays sentiment strips, Graceful Snowflake stencil, 2 large Gina K blending brushes and 1 small, I must be special as I actually got 2 small ones. Last but not least a Gina K Tidy Towel.



Well I only have 2 classes to go and 3 weeks till the "spring" one commences but the last 2 are tricky and fiddly but one a week should be real doable.

#cropandcreatedelivered #SCTbigboxevent
 
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen