2 February 2023

Clean and Colorful Cards

Yah another class completed from my fall 2022 SCT Crop and Create event. This class was a "mini" class using Elle's Studio products taught by Meghann Andrew. Unbelievably she taught 3 cards in her 60 minute slot.

I would be much too slow a stamper to create all of these in 60 minutes but some really cool techniques were taught using strips of coloured paper..

This is what we received in our class supplies plus a sheet of vellum.

The stamp set and dies were called Sincere Sentiments Best of Friends add-on, the papers came from their Warm & Cold Solids paper stock. Meghann used inks from The Stamp Market but I chose to use the following inks from my stash as a "close match": Flirty Flamingo (SU!), Sweet Mustard, Olive, Storm and Candy Violet (all PFS).

All the cards together:

They certainly are clean and colorful. Our homework involved cutting 1/2" strips x2 from every piece of coloured paper. We then attached it to some scrap paper to add to the card fronts.

Card one:

I didn't realise we had dies for our flowers so I have fussy cut these out. We have used various stamps from the set to stamp on the coloured strips, the flower centres we have used our stamp positioner to stamp with strips of masking tape, so we are stamping with the right ink on the right strip; clean stamp, replace masking tape on other strip, re-ink with 2nd colour and re-stamp.

Card two:

The strips of coloured card paper strips are the left overs from card one, cut in half and added to top and bottom, we used a removable adhesive to do the extra stamping around the flowers, which were then popped up on stamping foam. The little clear embellishments were part of our swag for the event.

Card three:
This was my favourite card and I love the detail on the white embossed flower vellum overlay.



Again we took the strip of 5 coloured papers and cut in half we then adhered to the 2 corners with permanent adhesive so the green strip was in the middle and then trimmed of the excess with scissors.

This is so pretty in real life and a bit more die-cutting but well worth it.

This is such a cool set I can see me using it many times and it has some lovely sentiments as well.

#cropandcreatedelivered #SCTbigboxevent
✿ Karen ✿


1 comment:

  1. I love a rainbow of stripes and yours are particularly cute with the sprinkling of the bold flowers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen