4 February 2023

Sending Good Vibes

Was the name of the stamp set we received from Close to my Heart, this class was taught by Jill Broadbent but I just followed the instructions they were great and simple so I haven't actually watched the video, I think she was originally on at my 3am! This was a mini class so 3 cards in 60 minutes.

 I must admit this was another class that didn't really rock my world when I saw my sneak peek and then when I saw my instructions I was like almost no way can I be bothered but in our private Facebook group everyone told me I was being silly the cutting wasn't too bad. They were right the cutting guides we were given were really easy to follow and the best instruction the group members gave me was to write the number each bit was assigned on the back, as there were multiple tiny bits/cuts. 

So each card 's bits of paper were prepped and cut before the September fall event in it's own bag, and the bits were labelled up to 1G, 2I and 3J plus their card base. If you are a follower of my blog you know I like clean and simple with lots of white space and minimal layers BUT I DID IT!! Creating the cards today was an absolute doddle and would have been easy to do in the assigned 60 minutes if all homework had been done.

We received in our card kit the stamp set Sending Good Vibes and there are some cool sayings in it, I really like the saying I chose for card 3 which was different than what was shown in the card instructions, even my partner Pete laughed when he saw it. We also got a mixed pack of 6x6" DSPs with double sided prints, a big pack of silver loose sequins and 10 yards of white and bronze baker's twine.


I used as my ink for the stamping my SU! inks: Soft Succulent, Cajun Craze and Night of Navy as I felt they were the best match to the DSP.



We learnt a few techniques like Ombre stamping with one ink pad which was very effective on the big Hi/Hello stamp and then did 3-colour blend on the more candles the bigger the wish, I know we used to use markers at SU! if we wanted to match it up but according to the instructions Jill just inks it up. I used my MISTI and had my card cut out stuck down and used post it notes to mask off what I wasn't stamping and that worked fine. These will make great masculine cards and were certainly fall colour inspired, I think they work so well as the paper is just patterns not flowers or objects but I must look through my huge stash of DSP and see if I can see something like this so I could use up some of it easily.

My cards closer up; card one and I already know where this card is going. One of my FB groups is trying to get a card from every state in America sent to an ex-WWII veteran who is turning 102 so I said I could send him one from NZ too.



Card two, we achieved the Ombre look by inking up the stamp, stamping off onto scrap paper and then just re-inking the bottom. Quick easy and effective.



Card three with the fun saying (which I can see me using a few times):


This class made me feel good for mass producing 3 cards so quickly and there are only 5 more classes to go from my fall event now, so hope I am on my target to get them all finished by next weekend.

We're now getting to see sneak peeks from our Spring box and OMG the first 2 have been sensational. I really can recommend shouting yourself a box for your birthday, it's what I did last year but I will warn you they are addictive but I truly and sincerely believe that they are PHENOMENAL value for what you receive and the standard of teaching. Our next event is changing it's format and it will be over 4 days and all 15 classes are main classes (so better/ bigger swag) and more time to create the 3 cards. the mini classes are simpler but there is a lot to cram in for the 60 minutes.

You can read more about the Scrapbook and Card Today events at their website HERE. I'll be a tease and share the first 2 sneak peeks we have seen for the "Spring event". 

The Concord and 9th class with Cathy Zielske:
I just love the colours she is using also I don't have any postage style stamps in my craft room so this looks fab and different! Cathy is too funny so that is always a huge bonus as well.

And then today we got to see the Gina K sneak peeks and the colours and the details for the flowers made me swoon with happiness.
We normally get a sneak peek every 2nd or 3rd day, supply lists will come out soon and then everyone will be trying to work out what ink to use as an alternative so before I know it will be March 24th and the start of my 4-day event.

#cropandcreatedelivered #SCTbigboxevent

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen