28 February 2023

Show Us Where You Live

This is the latest challenge at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog is to "show us where you live" and they generously are offering a random winner $50 credit to spend in the Lawn Fawn shop too. I have loved working out where everyone is based looking at their cards and so far I have been pretty spot on with guessing right. It also means they have enough clues on their card.

I was a bit stumped if I'm honest for quite awhile as don't have anything that looks like a kiwi bird or a fern in my Lawn Fawn collection and shock horror I don't own a sheep stamp either. I can see Lawn Fawn has a really cute stamp set called Hay There which is now on my wish list but if I'm honest I like the other animals on the farm better than the sheep in the set.

I was thinking I am not sure that I can enter. Then had a brain wave and thought about the alternative name for NZ; Aotearoa: Land of the Long White Cloud, so that is what I hope I have conveyed in my card. Aotearoa is the name that the Maori/Polynesians called New Zealand as the long white clouds were used for navigation. It is becoming more widely used and we are almost known as Aotearoa New Zealand in the 21st Century. Kia ora is the Maori greeting for hello etc. with an almost have a nice day connotation too.



I have ink blended my background sky with Shaded Lilac and Tumbled Glass distress oxides. My puffy cloud border die I have used Lawn Fawn's chunky glitter on the edge (it's quite holographic). I have added a hint of Twisted Citron to the grassy border which has been die cut out of Spiffy Speckles 6x6" DSP.

Lawn Fawn Products used:
Stamps and matching dies: Over the Mountain Borders, All the Clouds
Dies: Puffy Cloud border, Grassy border, Henry's ABCs, Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables
Other: Spiffy Speckles DSP, chunky glitter

Other Supplies:
Paper: Lavinia smooth white, Black glitter (CTMH)
Copics used: BV02/31, BG000, G20
Distress Oxides: Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron
Other: Quickie glue pen

Well that is cute and when I buy the Hay There stamp I'll add some sheep to my grass. There's still approximately 6 days to enter as long as you don't have a mental block like me on how to do it.


Rules for the Challenge: Your project should feature Lawn Fawn stamps, dies, stencils and papers. The challenge closes on Sunday, March 5 at 11:59PM ET.

✿ Karen ✿

4 comments:

  1. Super pretty!! I think there was another sheep set.. Baa Humbug, maybe? Love your card!
    Lori S in PA (US)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori, off to check out Baa Humbug - love the name!!

      Delete
  2. this is so sweet!! LOVE the scene you created! LOOOOOOVE the ink blending you did!! it's very creative! and LOVE the thought process and history behind the sentiment!! beautiful! thank you so much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you came up with your card idea! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen