4 February 2023

Always on my Mind

This was the name of the Honey Bees stamp set and matching 4-piece stencil set we received for our mini class. I have to be honest this was a stamp set that didn't excite me a lot when I saw it. It seemed fussy and a bit old-fashioned to me. But had some lovely sentiments and fonts. Until I watched the class video I didn't realise what we received with the stamp set was a 4-piece stencil for colouring the square floral border stamp either


The stencil is really sturdy and not flimsy so I was really impressed with that. We had 3 cards to make but card 1 and 3 were essentially the same just with different colours and sentiments so I made card 3 as happy "spring-like colours".





Supply List:
Stamps and stencil: Always on my Mind (HB)
Distress inks: Saltwater Taffy, Salvaged Patina. Twisted Citron (I added this colour to the mix to brighten it all up), Peeled Paint, Mowed Lawn
Other: Versamark, Gilded EP (BM), gold gems (HB), mini blending brushes (PFS)

The second card was a bright green and red combo which our teacher Kelley Kohout thought would be a great Christmas card also.

We were supposed to stamp the top of our front panel with our embossing ink and then gold emboss, heat set and then repeat down the bottom with second half. I probably shouldn't have been doing this so late at night as I got the first part right and the second part not exactly lined up, but "it wasn't horrible" so kept on making it. Again I managed to colour through the stencil for the top half OK but the bottom didn't line up and I knew I wasn't seeing well with my light sources but was too late by now. Then to make it even worse my sentiment had a faulty F, I thought it was me the first time and turned it over and tried again with the same result then looked at the stamp and could see it was the problem not me. 

So that's a lesson I have learned the hard way. I have reached out to SCT and they have got back to me already whether they have a spare set somewhere but not holding my breath as 5 months later.

EDITED: OMG what fabulous customer service within an hour my email got sent up to Catherine who has already replied to say a replacement will be sent next week. I think if you haven't done an event with Scrapbook and Cards Today shout yourself one for your birthday, warning they are addictive ;)



Distress inks used : Festive Berries (this is also what has been smooshed on the sentiment strip to colour it up), Candied Apple, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness.

In hindsight after using what I received; I think I was too hasty in not liking the stamp set it's actually very effective and with the right colours stenciled cards always have a bit of WOW - like how did they colour up so well.

#cropandcreatedelivered #SCTbigboxevent
✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen. I found your blog from a card on Pinterest! SU Bliss with butterflies. It's gorgeous. I have read back a bit, and your creations are amazing! I get the SCT sampler every month, and I just received my first Let's Stamp Together kit. Can't wait to do that next Friday! P.S. I couldn't find a way to follow you!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail that is so kind of you, I have reactivated the Followers gadget, as I have aged technology seems to get beyond me, I am on Facebook and Instagram if that's easier for you, they're both karenstampz Have a lovely day you made mine happy :)

      Delete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen