15 February 2023

Mary Brown's aka Stamper Camper Best Butterfly card

I still love that my old SU! team Star Stampers upline Rhonda Fawcett still includes me in team events.

Even though my heart and passion are not with SU! anymore there's lots I still love (apart  from the latest mini catalogue). So I was quite excited to catch up with everyone this coming weekend for a shoebox swap which I have never ever done but in a nutshell you prep everything and have the stamps, ink etc in a shoebox. So the card/project  has to be relatively quick and easy to do plus more prep than normal. Unfortunately the event is not going ahead as in the end only 3 of us could make it, so that is a shame and I'm so organised I have had my 8 kits prepped for 2 weeks.

The first thing that jumped out at me from the new catalogue last year was the Best Butterflies because it's different and quite modern to what has come before it. But I have tried to use it a few times and I'm actually not that sold on it anymore but it has fabulous dies that match the stamp set so my first plan was to make this cute gift box I found online from Stampin' Amore I thought this looked perfect until I made one and it's so tiny. I hate small boxes, it would fit small jewellery items  OR a few Kinder Minis chocolates for us kiwis but the main problem which is nothing to do with us being A4 and the States being US Letter 8.5" x 11" it really used a lot of card stock and DSP for such a teeny tiny box and thought that was really wasteful.

So thinking cap back on and I saw this fab card of Mary Brown's - her blog link has all the US measurements and below is the conversion to metric. I used So Saffron rather than Pale Papaya which is retiring shortly, so thought best to make a card for a demonstrator that still has current colours going forth.

  • Calypso Coral – 10.5 x 29.7cm folded in half to make a “mountain-fold”
  • So Saffron – 10.5 x 14.8cm, use the Dots and Spots Dies (line up on top left hand corner), add to card front
  • Night of Navy – 8.6 x 12.9cm, cut out 2 1/2″ circle as below
  • add vellum 3 ¼” square behind the opening in Night of Navy panel, add this panel to card front using dimensionals
  • Calypso Coral – cut out large detail butterfly, add to card front
  • Stamp out sentiment with Night of Navy ink and die-cut out, attach with dimensionals
  • Add some Iridescent Pearls to finish off


I was really worried that the spots and dots coverplate die wouldn't have all the spots and dots in but if you line your card stock up with one corner it fits exactly but very tight.
✿ Karen ✿


2 comments:

  1. This is a great card. Such a colourful, happy feeling card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen