7 February 2023

Majestic Teal and Gold

Wow AAA challenge cards made me put on my thinking cap for the latest challenge which was teal and gold colour combo. I had a few ideas but not sure if they would have been clean and simple enough. 

Then I had an aha moment and remembered a fun class with Simon Hurley from last year where I got to play with his Lunar Paste. At the time for the class I received a very cool half circle stencil which you inked colour through then flipped to make the whole circle and stenciled in the Lunar Paste. It looked amazing; last year's effort used his Clear Skies Lunar paste and you can check out that card HERE.

But I actually love my teal and gold combo today. The 2 colours just rock together. The next bit was easy as I was using a stencil I had to make it a birthday card to play along with AAA birthday card challenge.





I actually had a bigger stenciled piece to work with but I wanted to pop it up with my MFT die and even though I made a vellum peekaboo window to work out my placement it must have moved a bit in my Big Shot, so I had to use another piece which I just cut out with my guillotine and unfortunately the stenciling is not as "tidy" but it looks amazing IRL.

Supply List:
Stamps: Creative Expressions (SU! - retired a long time ago), Friendly Silhouettes (GKD)
Inks: Mermaid Cove (PFS), Versamark
Paper: Neenah White #1110
Other: Moonlight Gold Cosmic Shimmer Luna Paste (Creative Expressions), gold glimmer enamel stickers (HB), rose gold watercolor paint (Gansi Tambi), square peekaboo window die (MFT), half circle stencil (RNG), gilded sparkle EP (BM)





✿ Karen ✿

5 comments:

  1. Aww, such a gorgeous design! Love your card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Those dots really caught my eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the contrast of the stencilled graphic look with the the gentle curves of the butterfly. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome use of this stencil, and those colors! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen