3 October 2022

First day of SCTCCD part 2

Well it's officially the 3rd day of the event today in NZ and the event is finished and I have a moment to catch my breath - wow - I managed to craft along for half the event and of the 7 classes I wanted to do I only have 2 cards left to finish off for one class and hopefully that will be finished later today. So my current tally of cards as I write this blog post is 18 cards (of a potential 50 I think so 40% completed).

Day one is the intense mini classes which are not really mini at all apart from the fact they cram the class of 2-3 cards into one hour.

So finishing of "my day one" which was only 3 of a potential 9 classes. My part one post was 2 days ago. 

Sharing my second Your Next Stamp card here now, at the live class I have never ever seen anyone blend a background so fast as the tutor Mari Clark so I just needed to do that afterwards and then construct the card on the day.

I loved the green/blue version but this one is cute being recessed plus a bit of pink, orange, yellow - it's quite cheerily cute. We only used 3 distress oxides but we got blends where the colours overlapped.

Colours used were Salvaged Patina, Squeezed Lemonade, Kitsch Flamingo. I've also added Nuvo Crystal Glaze to my balloon as I wasn't really happy with my Copic colouring.


The next class I did was with Simon Hurley representing Ranger but in essence he was representing his range with Ranger. Ranger were very generous they also donated to our "swag bag" a clear Emboss It ink pad and a jar of super fine detail white embossing powder.


I forgot to snap the Clear Skies Lunar Paste and a stamping foam that was also part of our kit for the class. This stencil is so cool for the first card we were supposed to stencil through it Clear Skies ink but I used my Tahitian Tide from SU! which was a good colour match I think and then turn over, line up and spread through a thin layer of the lunar paste, I'm not sure what I did down the bottom maybe I jiggled my stencil when lifting?? but the photos don't do justice for how shimmery this looks in real life. A few of my fingernails are still sparkly blue so I got a free manicure too.



This was the only card we made with lunar paste but I would definitely buy some other colours as it is really effective.

The last 2 cards we made using stamping foam, now Simon had used a tablemat for his first card so I did the same, I think the weave on his card was nicer than my tablemats but I certainly will keep my eyes open when I am next shopping at K Mart to see what I can find to get a pattern off.



I added the embellishments I am not sure whether that is something Simon would do but I like them.

The last card we pressed the stamping foam into a background stamp to do reverse stamping, my first choice was too fussy (Something Lacy SU! - RHS) and I am glad I swapped to Altenew's Geometric Botany.



Then Simon shared a quick tip for easy colouring, flipping our stamps on the block and smooshing inkpads on them, misting lightly and stamping over a stamped image which had been stamped with a waterproof ink.

All the images are fussy cut out, he hinted something similar to our class kit is being released in a few months time with matching dies but they are different sizes. I actually did a lot of fussy cutting for the event as even though I received a lot of dies some of our smaller classes didn't have a matching die but surprisingly an awful lot also did have them included.



And look more embellishments! This class was a lot of fun and reminded me a bit of playing with a gelli plate you really know what you're going to get. 


I hope you can see and feel how excited I was on day one after only doing 3 of the 9 classes that were offered on the day from my 2 blog posts. 

#cropcreatedelivered #SCTbigboxevent

✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen