12 October 2022

So many gnomes

Hi all I have been really busy lately with my Virtual events that I haven't had time to do any challenges. 

One of my favourite challenge sites AAA Card Challenges (CAS) has a really cool challenge this week which I wanted to do. 

It's a cutie one where we only use 1/9th of our card and the other item needed is a "gnome", I only have 3 gnome sets and only one of the sets has smaller gnomes. So it was time to bring out my Hanging out with my Gnomies by MFT Stamps again.


Now others have beaten me to using some of the gnomes from this set so I thought it's time for a lady gnome. 

I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Neenah #80 paper. Then restamped her image on some masking paper, snipped out and then masked her, so I could stamp what I think looks like delphinium flowers behind her. I have coloured with my Copics and I decided after I stuck my top layer down that her hair was a bit "too blonde". I didn't want to add a few more darker strands in case I got bleed behind that was visible so I added a bit more definition with a brown Prismacolour pencil. I have also added 3 tiny drops of Snowflakes Pop O' Colour (SBC) to the flower centres. 



Now if you want to see some squealing cute gnomies (I may have more than 3 sets soon), make sure you check out the DT cards and the other entrants. Link to challenge HERE.

The wee sentiment came from an old Simon Says Stamp monthly kit called Look for the Rainbows. I thought it was just perfect for the image and it was the right size too.

Copics used:
Yellows: Y000/13/15 and E35
Hair: E50/53/55
Skin: E0000/000/11 and R20
Small leaves: G05 and YG17 
Delphinium leaves: YG01 and G05
Delphinium petals: B63/66/69
Red flower: R14/27/46
Blue flower: B21/24/26
Pink flower: RV21/23/25
Dress: E40/42/43/44
Orange cup: YR21/15/68

Thanks for popping in and I hope you can whip up a cute gnome card. This is an easy challenge as the space you have to stamp in is 1/9th so can't get too carried away.

✿ Karen ✿

3 comments:

  1. She is pretty sweet! Nice coloring. Thanks for sharing your work with us on the AAA Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane I enjoy the AAA challenges and love seeing everyone's work

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen