26 October 2022

I'm the Featured stamper at this week's Color Throwdown's challenge

And have they got a great inspirational photo this week, with the challenge to use purple, blush and sage.


I felt like I'd seen "that purple" before I was guessing Fresh Fig from SU! but now retired. 

My friend Sarah who has an awful lot of old (make that really old SU!) couldn't help me. So I have used my distress inks as I felt bundled sage was a nice sage green.

I used Concord & 9th Hello Lovely stamp set as it has 2nd stage stamping that wants you to be outside the lines. My first attempt I used Seedless Preserves, Tattered Rose and Bundled Sage. I swiped some Tattered Rose on a scrap of card stock to die cut out the "hello" to co-ordinate. The jewels are Peach Fuzz from Pinkfresh Studio.


I felt the Seedless Preserves was too strong as the Tattered Rose and Bundled Sage were not as vibrant colours so the card below is my 2nd attempt and is the card I would have entered the challenge with. This time I also added a bit of Dusty Concord on one flower and Milled Lavender in the background splotches. This time just black cardstock is popped into the hello.


And together:


Which one is your favourite?? I actually like them both, it's a pretty colour combo so hope you can join in with the crew at the Color Throwdown and have a go too!

Thanks for popping in.
✿ Karen ✿

2 comments:

  1. I like them both! Too hard to decide because you can't go wrong with these colors and this gorgeous image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job with these cards. I like them both ways.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen