20 October 2022

Believe in the Magic of Christmas

Now I love this sentiment and I love the colour combo Heather Hoffman created for our "make and take card" with the Winter Foliage background stamp set and stencils. The true blues with the emerald green and a pop of violet berries is really cool.

I thought I would list the six sentiments which make up the one piece stamp Christmas Sentiments which has a coordinating die. I have used a few on my cards to date (in Berrylicious ink or gold embossed).
  • Merry & bright
  • Joy to the world
  • Let there be peace on Earth
  • Hearts full of joy & wonder
  • Believe in the magic of Christmas
  • It's the most wonderful time of the year
Now I can see me using any of those sentiments on any Christmas card.

Today's card was an additional tutorial; we're provided instructions and a speed video ~5mins of the construction. I must admit by the time you do the make and take you are semi-expert at using so the speed video is all you need.

I am very happy to report that today when I stamped after my stenciling it was "perfect". So I learnt from my mistake yesterday and I ensured both times I stamped the card stock was firmly in the bottom corner of my MISTI. We stamped in a lighter blue ink first (Slumber) first, blended through the 3 stencils and then restamped over the top with a darker blue ink (Sapphire). I used my own tiny blender brushes for adding the detail in the middle of the leaves etc and did not like it as much as using the tiny blender brushes that Pinkfresh Studios gave us as swag. It was much harder with my old mini brush to just get a tad more colour.



Supplies used:
  • Winter Foliage (stamp and stencils), Christmas Sentiments (stamp and dies)
  • Large Snowflakes and Art Deco frame die set
  • Gold metallic pearls
  • Inks (all PFS): Slumber, Sapphire, Emerald City, Candy Violet 
  • WOW Metallic Gold super fine EP, caramel glitter paper (American Crafts), Versamark ink, MISTI, stamping foam (Scotch), blending brushes 
#pfcreateandconnect
✿ Karen ✿

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I appreciate that you have taken the time to visit my blog and to leave a comment, I really do enjoy reading them.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.
Karen